Knossos - Lassithi
Moving on inland to the Lassithi Plateau, you can admire the remaining famous windmills, the ditches, the Venetian drainage system of the plateau and the small traditional villages that still keep the scent of another era. The most famous is the village of Psychro, where you can admire the primeval traditional art of pottery-making by the remaining craftsmen and you'll visit a significant place of religious worship, the Dictean Cave, which is considered to be the place where Zeus, the father of Gods, was born.
The next stop is Tzermiado, a village that stands out for its natural beauty, its breathtaking view and its traditional architecture. Next stop, the Monastery of Kera Kardiotissa, which was named after a miraculous icon of Virgin Mary.
Last stop, the Palace of Knossos. You are going to walk on Sir Arthur Evans’ steps, listening to the myth of the Labyrinth, while this Minoan masterpiece will amaze with its grandeur.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- WiFi on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Food and bevarages
- Entrance: 15 € – Palace of Knossos (children up to 18 years old, EU citicens over 65 y.o.50%
- 6 €- Zeus cave (Chld-18 years free, EU members over 65 y.o. 50%)
- 2 € - Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Lassithi Plateau
- Entry/Admission - Kera Kardiotissa Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Knossos Archaeological Site
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lassithi Plateau, Crete 72052 Greece
Discover the birth place of the great god of the Greek Mythologie - ZEUS
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tzermiado, Tzermiado, Lasithi Prefecture, Crete
Explore the oldest village of the plateau - Tzermiado and have opptional a coffee or lunch in one of the traditional tavernas
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kera Kardiotissa Monastery, Heraklion, Crete Greece
Enjoy the beautiful panoramic view down to the Apostolemi damm and learn the history of the Monastery Kera
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Knossos Archaeological Site, Knosos, Heraklion, Crete Greece
Learn the history of the MInoan, the first civilisation in Europe by a guided tour
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please mention the hotel or app. of your stay. After booking the tour operator will contact you within 24 hours with a detailed description of your pickup point and time.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/4/2020 - 10/20/2020
5/10/2021 - 10/25/2021
Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM Monday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Thursday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.