Knossos Palace & Heraklion Archaeological Museum
The most popular excursion that reveals the history of the Minoan civilization.
During the tour you will see the richest collection of exhibits presented in the ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM, take a guided walk in the cultural center of the city of Heraklion, and finally, visit mysterious and mythical "LABYRINTH OF THE MINOTAUR" in the Palace of KNOSSOS.
After the excursion program, you can enjoy an independent walk through the old part of the city surrounded by Venetian walls with many boutiques and souvenir shops. To feel like a local, order a cup of Greek coffee in one of the cozy street cafes and relax during the midday siesta.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up from your hotel (at the specific tourist bus stop, outside of the hotel)
- Transfer with air-conditioned bus
- Certified tour-guide
What's excluded :
- Single entrance ticket to the Knossos palace
- Entrance ticket to the Archaeological museum of Heraklion
- Food, drinks or any other personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - The Palace of Knossos
- Entry/Admission - Heraklion Archaeological Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Palace of Knossos, Knosos, Crete 714 09 Greece
With our experienced guides, you can fully get acquainted with the unusual asymmetric architecture and frescoes of the Palace of Knossos, created around 1700 BC, the greatest ancient architect Dedalus. The archaeological site is located five kilometers from the Crete administrative center of the city of Heraklion.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Heraklion Archaeological Museum, Xanthoudidou & Hatzidaki Sts, Heraklion, Crete 710 02 Greece
For the most complete picture of the history and culture of the locals, visit the historic center of the city, the archeological museum with the richest collection of exhibits collected from all over the island, the Morozini fountain, the Venetian loggia. As well as pilgrimage Orthodox centers: the Cathedral of St. Titus and the Cathedral of St. Minas. Architectural monuments of various cultures make a walk around Heraklion very interesting.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up at the specific tourist bus stop, up to 800m from your hotel. We will contact you after booking to inform you about the pick-up location.Ports
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- If an infant does not sit on lap in the bus, It is necessary to pay a child ticket.
- Pick-up from the specific bus stops next to the hotels. From Area 1: all the villages between Fodele, Agia Pelagia, Xeropotamos(West Heraklion), Area 2: Heraklion Center and East, Carteros, Kokkini Hani, Gouves, Gournes, Hersonissos, Stalida, Malia, Sissi.
- After booking we will contact you to arrange the pick-up. Please, note, if you do not provide your pick-up details up to 24 hours before the tour, we do not guarantee the pick-up. For pick-up from different location, please, contact us.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.