Knossos Wine & More
• Private tour with a certified guide is the best way to explore Knossos Archaeological Site - the heart of the Minoan kingdom, one of the most fascinating ancient cities in the world.
• Experience by tasting the local wine varieties of Crete at a winery in the heart of winemaking region.
• Meet the locals in the traditional village of Archanes, named as one of the most picturesque in Crete, and enjoy a delicious lunch.
• Admire in the Archeological museum of Heraklion the greatest collection of the Minoan art.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Coffee and/or Tea
- All Fees and Taxes
- Alcoholic Beverages - Tasting of 4 different wines in our winery visit
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets in Knossos Palace and Museum
- This day tour comprises the highlight of Minoan civilization, the best wine experience of Crete, delicious food
and panoramic view - get your camera ready!
The re-built Knossos Archaeological site was at the heart of Minoan
civilization while the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion has
collected the exquisite finds and selected assortment of Minoan
masterpieces from across the island.
Crete is home to wonderful wine varieties. Exotic-sounding vilana,
kostifali, vidiano are only some of the Cretan indigenous grapes.
Wine making in Crete can be traced down to antiquity and Cretan
winemakers have managed to produce excellent, award-winning
wines.The renowned family-owned winery where we will enjoy the wine tasting.
The lunch in a small, traditional, family-owner taverns home-grown
and freshly prepared delicacies is a must.Here is the opportunity to get the taste of truly authentic Cretan dishes.
Catch a glimpse of a traditional village life in Archanes - wonder its narrow pathways where a life takes place hidden from the public eye; village's main square, where the Cretans gather around the glass of raki (local spirit)
are the social centers of the island.
• Knossos Archaeological Site, Knosos, Heraklion, Crete Greece
• Heraklion Archaeological Museum, Xanthoudidou & Hatzidaki Sts, Heraklion, Crete 710 02 Greece
• Archanes, Archanes, Crete
• Domaine Paterianakis, Heraklion, Crete 71003 Greece
• Ntolmades - Cabbage or vine/ grape leaves, stuffed with a delicious herb-y rice mix
• Ntakos - A crisp rusk with a juicy tomato, olive oil and cheese topping
• Tzatziki - Strained yogurt, cucumbers, garlic, olive oil, salt, sometimes lemon juice, dill, mint, or parsley
• Rooster in Wine - Slowly braised rooster in a rich and fragrant tomato and wine sauce served on top of some pasta.
• Gemista - Gemista vegetables usually tomatoes, bell peppers, zucchini and eggplant filled with rice and herbs.
• Mousaka - A rich tomato meat sauce layered with eggplant instead of pasta sheets, and topped with a thick layer of béchamel sauce
• Loukoumades - Fluffy sweet honey balls which are deep fried to golden and crispy. Served soaked in hot honey syrup,cinnamon and garnished with sesame.
Departure Point :Fivos Travel office, Dimokratias Street, Chersonisos 700 14, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Our chauffeur will meet you at your hotel Lobby with a sign of your name.Airports
- N. Kazantzakis Airport, Heraklion, Crete Greece
- Heraklion Port Passenger Station, Leof. Nearchou, Iraklio 713 07, Greece
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.