Know the Place: Montego Bay Historical Highlight and Bellefield Great House
This exciting and eye-opening historical tour will take you on a journey of the life of our hero Samuel Sharpe. Visit the church he is said to have preached just before they set hundreds of plantations on fire. Experience The lovely Bellefield Greathouse the oldest sugar plantations in Jamaica. Discover how we get our exciting flavors not only in our food but our dress and music. It's a day of history and Jamaican cultural explosion. Getting to "Know di Place"
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Your tour begins with the introduction to St James and Montego Bay, its proud history and key people. It then follows the historical trail passed the Barnett Estate, Kensington and a number of other interesting locations. You will see the church in which the national hero and freedom fighter preached and see the real and truly rural Jamaica at its best while you visit the historical monuments. Take a step back in time to an era when the war against slavery was at its peak. Get a first-hand view of the 1800 war for the abolition of slavery. Learn about the great Samuel Sharpe.
You are then transferred to the lovely Bellefield Greathouse the oldest sugar plantations in Jamaica. Rich in plantation and ancestral history, this aspect takes your taste bud on a culinary adventure. Experience how we get our exciting flavors not only in our food but our dress and music. This tour is a MUST SEE!
Departure Point :Hotel lobby
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Fully guided
- Not accessible for those in wheelchairs or with physical challenges.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.