Knowing Tepoztlan (Magic Town) and Trekking to the Archaeological Zone
TEPOZTLAN is a very picturesque and mystical town, full of crafts, color, tradition and delicious cuisine, when you arrive at this magical place, you will be totally captivated with its cobblestone streets and the facades of its houses uniformly decorated, with a colonial and harmonic style which contrasts with the beautiful CERRO DEL TEPOZTECO, where a pyramid is located, strategically built at 600 m. on the level of the town of Tepoztlan, These archaeological remains were built between 1150 and 1350 AD, in their days these vestiges were dedicated to Ometochtli-Tepoxtécatl, deity of pulque, fecundity and harvest, the Tepozteco was declared a Protected Natural Area in 1937
To reach the top, it is necessary to make a trekking of approximately 1 hour, where you will be contemplating a changing landscape as you ascend, good physical condition, sports shoes or trekking boots and comfortable clothes are required.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Tepozteco
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tepoztlan, Tepoztlan, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Tepoztlan It is a beautiful tourist town in the state of Morelos, its name comes from the Nahuatl has the distinctive "Magic Town" that is a town that has symbolic attributes, legends, history, transcendent facts, everyday life, magic that emanate in each one of its socio-cultural manifestations and that they mean today a great opportunity for the tourist use.
Tepoztlán is famous for the remains of the pyramid built on top of the Tepozteco mountain, and also for the exotic ice creams prepared by the townspeople, as well as their crafts. Tepoztlán is considered a mystical place for its legends and traditions that are still respected by the same inhabitants, many people visit it since the whole year is full of celebrations
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Tepozteco, Tepoztlan Mexico
For all those adventurers who enjoy good physical condition and adequate footwear we make the Trekking to the archaeological zone of Tepozteco; It is the hill of the same name and which has an archaeological zone at the top of the hill, is located around 2,300 meters above sea level and almost 600 meters above the Tepoztlán Valley. These remains were built between 1150 and 1350 A.D. In his day these remains were dedicated to Ometochtli-Tepoxtécatl, deity of pulque, fecundity and harvest. The pyramid known as the Casa del Tepozteco is 9.50 meters high and in it was found the Dos Rabbit idol (representation of Ometochtli) that was destroyed by the friars during evangelization. The Tepoztec was declared a Protected Natural Area in 1937.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Cuauhnáhuac Regional Museum, Palacio de Cortés, Francisco Leyva 100, Cuernavaca Centro, Centro, 62000 Cuernavaca, Mor., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for people with recent surgeries
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.