Koalas and Kangaroo in the Wild Tour from Melbourne
See Kangaroos and Koalas in the wild! This naturalist guided, small group tour gives you quality time to see wildlife and enjoy the wide open spaces of Australia. Watch the natural behavior of wild kangaroos, koalas and abundant bird life. Get involved in koala research with your naturalist guide. A gourmet Bush lunch is included.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Guided full day tour
- Expert Nature Guides
- Gourmet bush lunch
- Australia's Goods and Services Tax (GST)
What's excluded :
- Due to timings, this tour is not recommended for passengers arriving & departing via cruise ship
- Walk amongst large free ranging "mobs" (groups) of wild kangaroos. Spot Emus, Cockatoos and other unique Australian wildlife on the grassland, in the bush and around the billabongs of Melbourne's Western Plains.
Visit an open forest in a National Park that is home to a large and healthy population of wild koalas. The koalas research project ensures that on most days you'll have multiple sightings of these delightful creatures.
Within easy reach from the center of the city of Melbourne, these environments provide the perfect introduction to Australia's unique wildlife and indigenous culture. The area you walk through is of great significance to the local Aboriginal People of the Wathaurong Tribe. Freshwater lakes and billabongs nearby provided a rich food source for them, and some signs of their occupation still remain. Your guide will share their knowledge with you.
You will be provided with a picnic lunch, served in an open-air setting at the sanctuary, and includes fruit and cakes, coffee and delicious Australian "Billy tea".
Expert Nature Guides:
You will be guided on this journey by friendly, experienced and knowledgeable nature guides. Many hours of research work proceed the tour to ensure that you see and learn about native wildlife in its natural environment. Guides carry two way radios which link them to the office and to emergency services.
Although this tour is vehicle based, most of the day is spent outside the vehicle on a number of easy, flat terrain, bush walks so that you can get close to nature. Passengers must be able to walk unassisted at least 500m on uneven dirt surfaces. There may be up to 5 walks of this duration during the tour.
Departure Point :Pullman Melbourne on Swanston, 195 Swanston St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- IMPORTANT: Please tell us where you are staying so we can arrange the best pick up location. We do not stop at all pick up locations for each tour. You much prearrange your pick up locations
- What to Bring: Good walking shoes or boots, clothing to suit variable weather conditions (temperatures range from 5C to +35C, sun hat, rainproof coat, insect repellent, 15+ sunblock and 1 litre water bottle. Camera and binoculars are also recommended.
- Infant seats can be provided at a fee of AUD$20 payable direct.
- Vegetarian and Vegan options are available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- Tour itinerary is subject to change to optimise wildlife experience
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- This tour operates with a Minimum of 2 people and a Maximum of 10.
- We can not pick you up from the port if you are coming off a cruise ship. You must have time to make it to the Holiday Inn hotel by 8:30am this requires your ship to arrive no later then 7:30am.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We have the right to refuse guests from participating in tours if they're showing signs and symptoms of the flu. If you or the person you're travelling with are feeling unwell please contact us immediately.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 8 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.