Kochi Shore Excursions- Village Backwater Cruise
Conducted with the participation of nearby villagers, such as oarsmen, toddy tapper, coir makers, pot makersand handloom&mat weavers. Making tourism a tool for the development of the village and local communities, eradicating poverty and giving emphasis to women empowerment and making additional income and better livelihood to farmers, traditional artisans, and marginalised people along with creating environmental equilibrium.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up and drop off from Cruise Terminal by Air Conditioned Cab/Coach
- Welcome drink ( Tender Coconut) on arrival
- 2 ½ Hours Village Backwater Cruise in Mechanised Shikkara boat
- Traditional Kerala lunch in a village House, Bottled Mineral Water
- One Hour Country boat cruise and visits to Villages
- Assistance of a Local English Speaking guide at the Village
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Tips and personal expenses
- Day cruise in mechanized Shikkara boat and country boat(open boat)
• 9.00 a.m. Pick up from Cruise Terminal.Proceed to Vaikom backwater village, a unique backwater destination.
• 10.00 a.m. Arrival at Vaikom Backwater Village. On arrival Cruise Starts in a mechanized Shikkara boat through the Rivers and Vembanad Lake.Watch toddy tapping and fishing. In the middle of the lake collect shells from a natural sand island which is 2 ft. below the water level.
• 12.30 p.m. You will be served exceptional traditional Kerala lunch in a Village House on a Banana leaf.
• 1.30 p.m. Proceed to Handloom Unit.
• 2.00 p.m. Cruise in a country boat(open boat) through narrow canals. Enroute see coir making, mat weaving and spice plantations.
• 3.00 p.m. Transfer to Cruise Terminal with memories for a lifetime.
• 4.00 p.m. Arrival back at Cruise Terminal.
• Pick up and drop off from Cruise Terminal by Air Conditioned Cab/Coach
• Welcome drink ( Tender Coconut) on arrival
• 2 ½ Hours Village Backwater Cruise in Mechanised Shikkara boat
• Traditional Kerala lunch in a village House, Bottled Mineral Water
• One Hour Country boat cruise and visits to Villages
• Assistance of a Local English Speaking guide at the Village
• All entry fees, parking fees and applicable taxes.
• Tips and personal expenses
• Cost of Beverages
Additional Information :
• Above 2 pax special rates will be applicable
• Peak season rates will be applicable from 20th Dec 2018 to 5th Jan 2019
• Approved English/Language guide can be arranged on extra cost
• Vegetarian meal option is available on request .
• For more details Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Departure Point :Kochi
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.