Kočevje - Home of the bears - Private tour from Ljubljana
Discover Kočevje region, home of the big brown bears, that live in one of the oldest forests in Slovenia. Stunning nature, hidden corners and rich history will make this tour unique!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance fee to castle Kostel and underground shelter
- Tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Bunker Skrilj
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kocevje, Kocevje, Lower Carniola Region
Are you ready to get to know some of the history? First, we will see the second largest castle complex in Slovenia – Kostel Castle, where it is still a living settlement. The castle was first mentioned in 1336. Through Kostel it led one of the main paths of the Turks, which only hit the castle once. In 1809, French soldiers demolished it, and its restoration began few years ago.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Bunker Skrilj, Kocevska Reka 5, Kocevska Reka 1338 Slovenia
After a short drive we continue a tour of the dark underground shelter Škrilj, which was built during the Cold War, and is 80 meters below the surface. It contains 500 meters of corridors and six underground rooms with its own water hug and two generators for electricity. This would allow a stay in the event of a nuclear strike, and without external assistance people could survive up to 100 days.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Travellers will be given pick up location upon booking.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All of your travels are safe. We follow the highest health & safety recommendations from national institutions and adhere to all the global hygiene protocols for safe travel.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.