Kohala Valleys & Waterfalls with Remote Hike from Waimea-Kohala
The Kohala Landing Hike flight is the only tour that takes you deep into the heart of the spectacular Kohala valleys. There is no better way to experience and learn about the geography, history and incomparable lush beauty of Kohala, birthplace of King Kamehameha. Once there, your camera will be the only thing between you and the towering 2500’ waterfalls and sheer cliff faces.
Your aircraft will then touch down at a remote location deep in Kohala Mountains to explore and enjoy a moderate 0.5 mile pilot-led hike through a Guava (waiwi) forest. The meandering trail immerses you in the flora and fauna of Kohala and surprises you with a dramatic coastline vista, offering views of the Mokupuku island formations and waves crashing along the rugged north shore of Hawaii Island. After your refreshing hike, take to the air again, to view the drastic landscape and see the world-famous white and black sand beaches and resorts of the Kohala Coast en route to back to Kona.
per adult from
1 hour 45 minutes
What's included :
- Scenic Flight and Pilot-led Hike
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Kohala Coast, Kohala Coast, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
Experience and learn about the geography, history, and incomparable lush beauty of Kohala, the birthplace of King Kamehameha.
Stop At: Kohala Mountain Range, Kohala Mountain Rd., Island of Hawaii, HI
Explore and enjoy a moderate 0.5 mile pilot-led hike through a guava (waiwi) forest. The meandering trail immerses you in the flora and fauna of Kohala and surprises you with a dramatic coastline vista, offering views of the Mokupuku island formations and waves crashing along the rugged north shore of Hawaii Island.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Waimea-Kohala Airport Road, Waimea-Kohala Airport Rd, Waimea, HI 96743, USA
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A visitor who has either quarantined for 14 days (showing an airline ticket with an arrival date 14 days prior to flight), or who can show that the pre-testing travel program accepted a negative test result from them.
- A resident who has been on island for at least 14 days or who has had a negative COVID-19 test in the past 72 hours.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for anyone over 5 years old, unless a medical condition prevents it. If COVID-like symptoms are observed, temperature may be taken and we may reschedule your flight.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.