Kona Coast to Place of Refuge Small Group Shore Excursion & Tour
Explore Hawaii's unique past and present history, immerse yourself into a tropical paradise, enjoy scenic views and listen to entertaining stories from a professional tour guide.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Parking Fees
- Entry/Admission - Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Kailua Pier, 75-5660 Palani Rd, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI 96740-3612
Views of Kailua Bay, royal grounds of King Kamehameha I
Pass By: Hulihe'e Palace, 75-5718 Alii Dr, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI 96740-1702
Views of the only Royal Hawaiian Palace on the island of Hawaii
Pass By: Mokuaikaua Church, 75-5713 Alii Dr, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI 96740-3719
The oldest christian church in Hawaii, built in 1835 with lava rocks.
Stop At: Greenwell Farms, 81-6551 Mamalahoa Hwy, Kealakekua, Island of Hawaii, HI 96750-8133
Authentic Kona Coffee Farm with tour of the farm and tasting of 100% locally grown Kona gourmet coffee. Option to purchase Kona coffee.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park, 1871 Trail, Honaunau, Island of Hawaii, HI 96726
Explore the only restored puuhonua (place of refuge) in Hawaii, where Kapu (sacred law) breakers are protected and rehabilitated and non-combatants could seek refuge during times of war. Learn about adjacent royal grounds where Hawaiian royalty kept ancestral bones in a sacred Hawaiian temple.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: The Painted Church, 84-5140 Painted Church Rd, Captain Cook, Island of Hawaii, HI 96704-8409
Catholic church built in 1899 with painted frescos along the ceiling and walls.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Big Island Bees, 82-1140 Meli Rd Suite 102, Captain Cook, Island of Hawaii, HI 96704-8121
Local bee farm, option to purchase honey and view inside a bee hive.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Kealakekua Bay, Honaunau-Napoopoo, Captain Cook, Island of Hawaii, HI 96704
Views of the famous bay and the Captain Cook monument where British Explorer Captain Cook anchored in 1779.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Kailua Pier, Kaahumanu Pl, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Kailua Pier in Kailua Kona
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum age is 6 years.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.