Koprivshtitsa Private Day Tour from Sofia
Koprivshtica is the Revival capital of Bulgaria, a small secret gem between The Middle mountain and the Balkan ranges. Many stories can be heard here, a place which still stays in 19th century with its charming and beauty. Our one day tour is perfect for those, who want to learn more about the history of the Bulgarian battles against the Ottomans. Join us and we will tell you one wonderful story for revolutionary heroes and their dreams for freedom.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees for house-museums
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Koprivshtitsa, Koprivshtitsa, Sofia Region
Our tour will start at 9.00 o'clock with a pick up from your hotel. After two hours of journey through the picturesque nature of the South Balkan valleys, we will reach the town of Koprivshtica. We will stop our car just next to "20th of April" square. From the very beginning we will feel how romantic this place is with its colourful houses from 19th century. After a brief introduction in front of the "20th of April" monument, we will start our tour of Koprivshtica with visiting our first three houses for the day. We will learn the story of Dimcho Debelyanov, the first Bulgarian poet to introduce the symbolism in the national literature, the revolutionary life of Todor Kableshkov and the intriguing history of the April Uprising. Somewhere at 1 o'clock we will stop for a nice lunch in a traditional Bulgarian restaurant, where we will be able to try delicious meals from the local cuisine. The afternoon will be dedicated to other three houses museums. In them we will find out how important was the cherry tree artillery for the revolutionary heroes, how emotional were the speeches of Benkovski, and in the end we will meet the Karavelovi brothers - one of them a genius poet and writer, the other one of the most important Bulgarian prime ministers from 19th century. At 16 o'clock we will depart back to Sofia at be at your hotel somewhere 18.00 o'clock with wonderful memories from one lovely day and reminding ourselves the heroic acts of the Bulgarian revolutionaries.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickups are from your hotel in Sofia. Please provide the name of the hotel at thetime of booking to be able to arrange a pick up.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 3 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.