Korouoma Canyon and Frozen Waterfall Tour
Korouoma is a 30 kilometres long and up to 130 meters deep canyon fracture valley. The canyon and its high cliffs form a breathtaking landscape that can be enjoyed throughout the year. Korouoma is located in the region of Koillismaa in Southern Lapland. The area’s landscape is exceptionally rugged and grand. Several steep 30-meter streams freeze during the winter and create huge ice formations, offering fantastic views and colours. A great place for landscape photography all year around.
We will walk the 5km route in order to take in the frozen streams and waterfalls. Please note that this tour does not include lunch, however it will include warms drinks and biscuits. The drive to the canyon takes around 1.5 hours, and provides some remarkable views of Southern Lapland.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Warm winter clothes.
- Entry/Admission - Korouoma Canyon
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Bottled water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Korouoma Canyon, Saukkovaarantie, Posio 97815 Finland
Korouoma Canyon is a part of a fracture valley that is hundreds of millions of years old and some 30km long. Th canyon is roughly 100-130 metres deep at its deepest and 200-500 metres wide.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels, airbnbs and other forms of accommodation in Rovaniemi.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Explore Lapland