Korouoma Canyon Frozen Waterfalls (with Snowshoe option)
Explore the breathtaking Korouoma Canyon and its majestic frozen waterfalls with this all-day guided excursion.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Winter Clothing
- Winter Boots
- Snowshoes (Optional)
- All Fees and Taxes
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Private transportation
- Snacks - Snack lunch around the fire
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
Korouoma is a 30km long and up to 130 meters deep canyon fracture valley located 110 kilometers south-east of Rovaniemi. It offers breathtaking scenery all year around, with its cliffs, rapids and waterfalls. This natural reserve is also home of rare species, and a great nature area for hikers.
In the Winter time, the waterfalls turn into fantastic ice formations which are well-known for ice-climbing and a great attractions for tourists coming from all around the world.
Your guide will come to pick you up from your accommodation in Rovaniemi and will drive you to Korouoma Canyon for a nice hike in the park. You will have the chance to observe some of the most spectacular frozen waterfalls in Europe and enjoy the beauty of the snowy nature. A typical Finnish lunch snack will also be served around the open-fire to keep you warm. This a great opportunity for your guide to show you his fire-making skills!
Snowshoes are optional but may be useful if you need more confidence when hiking down the canyon or just want to enjoy some deep snow walks!
The excursion lasts around 7 hours and you will be back to Rovaniemi around 16.00.
• Korouoma Canyon, Saukkovaarantie, Posio 97815 Finland
Departure Point :Kansankatu 14, 96100 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickups commence prior to the start time. We will inform you about your pick-up time at least one day before the activity.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- This tour is run for a max of 8 people and is out in the wild. When travelling we ask all guests and staff to wear face masks, but when outside we enforce distancing and masks may be removed if deemed safe by the guide and guides together.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.