Koyasan Full-Day Tour
You will visit very unique, religious town with a knowledgeable licensed local guide. We will help you understand Koyasan as much as possible. We visit two most sacred areas in Koyasan. One is Garan-monastic complex and the other is Okunoin-the holy place for Kobo Daishi (the founder of Shingon Buddhism in Japan) belief. And we also visit Kongobuji temple, the head temple of Koyasan Shingon Buddhism. You will be able to learn about real Koyasan only a local guide knows. We walk about 3 km in Okunoin feeling the sacred atmosphere created by hundreds of thousands of gravestones standing on both sides of the pass flanked by tall centuries-old cedar trees.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guide Fee
What's excluded :
- Admission fees to temple facilities
- Entry/Admission - Koyasan Danjo Garan
- Entry/Admission - Kongobu-ji Temple
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Koyasan Daimon, Koyasan, Koya-cho, Ito-gun Wakayama Prefecture
You will get general information of Koyasan.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Koyasan Danjo Garan, Koyasan, Koya-cho, Ito-gun 648-0211 Wakayama Prefecture
You will visit the main hall of Koyasan and Kompon Daito (the fundamental pagoda) to know the teaching of Kobo Daishi-Kukai, the founder of Koyasan and learn about Japanese religion.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Koyasan Okunoin, 550 Koyasan, Koya-cho, Ito-gun 648-0211 Wakayama Prefecture
Okunoin is the largest cemetery and the most sacred place in Koyasan. You will walk 2km to visit Kobo Daishi mausoleum, feeling mysterious atmosphere.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Kongobu-ji Temple, 132 Koyasan, Koya-cho, Ito-gun 648-0211 Wakayama Prefecture
Finally you will visit the head temple of Koyasan Shingon Esoteric Buddhism. You will see gorgeous paintings on sliding doors depicted about 400 years ago and beautiful rock garden.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Daimon Gate, Koyasan, 高野町 Koya, Ito District, Wakayama 648-0211, Japan
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Kongobuji-mae, Koyasan, Koya, Ito District, Wakayama 648-0211, Japan
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Even though it is unlikely, you are responsible for any damage, loss, accidents, or injuries during this tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.