Krakow: Wieliczka Salt Mine Guided Tour
You will visit one of the largest and oldest Salt Mines in Europe (700 years). It is also a world class monument, on the UNESCO’s World Cultural and Natural Heritage List. Each year it is visited by more than one million tourists.
You will experience almost 3 kilometers of meandering corridors, 800 steps of which 350 have to be descended to reach the depth of 135 meters underground. A professional guide will take you through this path, tell you about the secrets of the mine, and also show the amazing creations of nature and man.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Elevator ride to the ground level on exit
- Round-trip group transfer
- Entrance ticket to the salt mine
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Photography (requires a photo pass which costs 10 PLN / 2.5 EURO - cash only)
- Private transportation
- The driver will pick you up from Mikołaja Kopernika 3 street, nearby the hotel Wyspiański .
When you arrive to Wieliczka (a small town 15 kilometers from Krakow), the driver will take you to the starting point of the tour.
The guide will meet you there and the journey to the underground depths will begin! Numerous underground rooms, corridors, chapels, a solemn hall, sculptures made of salt - all this is the work of dozens of generations of miners. In addition, you will see the real salt underground lakes, beautifully illuminated in the underground darkness. You will hear interesting legends and facts related to the history of the Salt Mine and Polish culture. For example, you will learn legend about Princess Kinga and how she brought the salt treasure to Polish land.
After the tour, the driver will take you back to Krakow.
Departure Point :Pierogarnia Krakowiacy, Mikołaja Kopernika 3, 31-034 Kraków, Poland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.