Krakowskie Przedmieście: Explore this historical street on an audio walking tour
Take a walk back in time along Krakowskie Przedmieście street, the most important historical artery of Warsaw city with this self-guided GPS audio tour. During the tour, you will learn the more and less known compelling stories about the local landmarks and events which took place here for over 500 years.
Hanna, your tour guide, has lived in Warsaw since she was born. She graduated from Warsaw University, where she studied Sociology and Economics, but her real passion is urban history and loves to share her knowledge of the past with others. Join her on this
per adult from
60 to 180 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap app for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Castle Square (Plac Zamkowy), Junction ul. Miodowa and Krakowskie Przedmiescie, Warsaw Poland
The tour starts on Castle Square, in front of the tall central tower of Royal Castle.
Pass By: King Sigismund's Column (Kolumna Zygmunta), Castle Square Old Town, Warsaw Poland
The column monument was founded in 1644 by King Władysław IV from the Vasa dynasty. He had it built to commemorate his father King Sigismund III. King Sigismund was truly important for Warsaw. You would probably have never heard about this city if he hadn’t made the decision to move the royal court and the capital state from Cracow to Warsaw in 1598.
Pass By: St. Anne's Church (Kosciol Swietej Anny), ul. Krakowskie Przedmiescie 68, Warsaw 00-322 Poland
The church was built as a part of the Franciscan cloister in 1454, founded by Duchess of Masovia Anna Fiodorowna. It’s one of the oldest temples in Warsaw.
Pass By: Kazanowski Palace (Palac Kazanowskich), Krakowskie Przedmiescie 62, Warsaw Poland
The palace was famous for the incredible splendor of its Renaissance style. It was a four-storey building with a moat and a drawbridge, surrounded by a terraced garden falling down to the river.
Pass By: Presidential Palace (Palac Prezydencki), Ul. Krakowskie Przedmiescie 46/48, Warsaw 00-325 Poland
The Presidential Palace, the headquarters of the Polish President, was constructed in 1643 on the initiative of Polish Supreme Commander Stanisław Koniecpolski.
Pass By: University of Warsaw (Uniwersytet Warszawski), Ul. Krakowskie Przedmiescie 26/28, Warsaw 00-325 Poland
The tour takes you passed the University for an exploration of its history.
Pass By: Chopin's Bench, Krakowskie Przemiescie 34, Warsaw 00-325 Poland
Pressing the small silver button on the bench makes it play a selected piece from one of Chopin’s compositions.
Departure Point :Castle Square, plac Zamkowy, 01-195 Warszawa, Poland
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 10/11/2019 - 12/31/2020
1/1/2021 - 10/20/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Krakowskie Przedmieście 89, 00-001 Warszawa, Poland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.