Kronstadt-fortress and the sea gates of the city
Our unusual city located in the delta of the Neva River is built on 42 islands. So it is written in all the guidebooks. And it's true, but not really!
Because there is another island about which the founder of the city Peter 1 wrote
"Guard Kronstadt more than your life, do not keep it, Petersburg will fall!" A small island located in the Gulf of Finland drew the attention of Peter in 1704. On all sides, except for one-southern, it is surrounded by shallow depths. . And only in one place nature itself came to Peter for help, where is deep (17 m) and narrow (200 m) deepening on the seabed represents the only possible passage for ships to this day! It was here that the tsar built the first fort, and it was in this way that from 1704 to this day the enemy's foot did not go to St. Petersburg. This tour is for those who love history and the sea!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - The Naval Cathedral of Saint Nicholas in Kronstadt
- Entry/Admission - Kronstadt
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Naval Cathedral of Saint Nicholas in Kronstadt, Yakornaya sq, 1, Kronshtadt, St. Petersburg 197762 Russia
Have you ever been to Istanbul, did you see the temple of Hagia Sophia? If not, do not be upset, because the Kronstadt Naval Cathedral, built in 1913, is its reduced copy and we will definitely look there. .
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kronstadt, St. Petersburg Russia
Kronstadt was always independent and it was the sailors of Kronstadt who raised the uprising of 1921, disillusioned with the Revolution of 1917. This time in our history was hushed up in the days of the USSR.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up in any hotel in St.Petersburg
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.