Kunanyi/Mt Wellington Tour & Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus
This combined ticket gives you access to two of Hobart’s most iconic sightseeing tours – kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus and Red Decker City Loop Tour!
Starting with the kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus, you'll travel 1270 metres above sea level, experience spectacular views over Hobart and beyond. The 2-hour return trip includes 30-minutes to explore the summit of kunanyi / Mount Wellington. If you’re looking for a little more adventure, you also have the option to hop-on and hop-off at multiple bus stops where you’ll find a wide range of bushwalking tracks to explore.
Return to the city and join the official sightseeing tour of Hobart. Hop-on and experience stunning 360 degree views of Hobart from the top deck of our open-top double-decker buses. Stay onboard to complete the full 90 minute tour or hop-on, hop-off at any of the 20 convenient stops around the city.
Includes a kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Pass (valid all day) and a 48hr Hop-On Hop-Off City Loop Ticket.
per adult from
4 to 48 hours
What's included :
- 48-hour Red Decker Hop-On Hop-Off City Loop Ticket
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Pass, valid all day (English commentary)
- A complimentary copy of Red Decker's The Official Sightseeing Guide to Hobart
- Complimentary Wellington Park bushwalking map
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Fern Tree Playground, The Huon Road, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
kunanyi/Mt Wellington Tour: Optional hop-off at Fern Tree Park bus stop.
• A sheltered grassy area with toilets, picnic areas, wood-fired barbeques and children’s play equipment. The starting point for shaded walks through fern gullies and alongside bubbling streams.
• Take the Pipeline Track to Silver Falls (40-min return), which follows the route of the water pipeline supplying some of Hobart’s water. A short, easy walk, also suitable for mountain bikes.
• Visit Fern Tree Tavern for lunch, coffee and cake or a refreshing cold beverage. Open Tuesday to Sunday.
Pass By: The Springs Wellington Park, Wellington Park TAS 7054, Australia
kunanyi/Mt Wellington Tour: Optional hop-off at The Springs bus stop.
• A level picnic area with toilets, picnic tables, gas-fired barbeques and the starting point for a range of walking tracks and mountain bike trails on the eastern foothills of kunanyi/Mt Wellington.
• Take the Lenah Valley Track to Sphinx Rock (45-min return), great views of the Organ Pipes above and Hobart and the River Derwent below. A short, easy walk through eucalypt forest to the impressive sandstone rock platform of Sphinx Rock (caution: 10 metre cliff drop).
• Visit Lost Freight Cafe for hot drinks, light meals and snacks. Open 7 days.
Pass By: Organ Pipes Circuit Trail, Take Davey Street out of Hobart to Pinnacle Road, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
kunanyi/Mt Wellington Tour: Optional hop-off at The Springs or The Chalet bus stops.
• The Organ Pipes Walk (3-hr return) is one of Tasmania’s 60 Great Short Walks. A difficult walk that follows the contour of the mountain around the base of the 120-metre-high dolerite columns of the Organ Pipes to The Chalet. Rock climbers are sometimes seen in action. Spectacular views. Walk uphill on well-marked tracks from The Springs to The Chalet, or downhill from The Chalet to The Springs (1.5-hr one-way).
Stop At: Mount Wellington, Pinnacle Road, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
kunanyi/Mt Wellington Tour: Travel to the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington, 1270 metres above Hobart. Here you'll have 30 minutes to take in the spectacular views over Hobart and the east coast, and to the west, looking over the World Heritage Area of Southern Tasmania.
• The summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington features a sheltered observation area with interpretive signage, multiple lookouts and toilets, including disabled access toilets.
• Take the Zig Zag Track across the plateau to a lookout (20-min return), taking in spanning views of Tasmania’s alpine environment. A short, easy walk.
• Take a short, difficult walk downhill on the steep stepped Zig Zag Track and Pinnacle Track to The Springs (1.5-hr one-way). Great views of the Organ Pipes and Hobart and the River Derwent below. Hop-on a later bus at The Springs to return to Hobart.
Hop-on and hop-off the kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus to explore a variety of short alpine walks and mountain bike trails on the mountain. Bus stops include Fern Tree Park, The Springs, The Chalet and Big Bend.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Brooke Street Pier, Franklin Wharf, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus: Optional hop-off at Brooke Street Pier bus stop.
• Brooke Street Pier is a floating structure, both a building and a boat, which rises and falls with the tide. It’s the departure point for the MONA ferry and Peppermint Bay cruise. Meet the makers of unique Tasmanian wares, plus cafés and restaurants with magnificent waterside views.
Pass By: Salamanca Market, Salamanca Place, Hobart, Tasmania 7001 Australia
Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus: Optional hop-off at Salamanca Place bus stop.
• Salamanca Place is where you’ll find Salamanca Market – Australia’s largest outdoor market. Held every Saturday, rain hail or shine.
• The row of 1840s Georgian sandstone warehouses have been converted into cafés, restaurants, bars, galleries and boutique retail stores. The perfect place to find a special hand-crafted gift or memento of your holiday.
Pass By: Wrest Point Casino, 410 Sandy Bay Rd, Hobart, Tasmania 7005 Australia
Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus: Optional hop-off at Wrest Point bus stop.
• Wrest Point is the perfect waterfront destination for a variety of restaurants, bars, live music and vibrant casino entertainment.
• Take a scenic walk following the harbours edge down south to Sandy Bay’s popular Long Beach (approx. 30-minutes one-way).
Pass By: Cascade Brewery, 131 Cascade Rd, Hobart, Tasmania 7004 Australia
Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus: Optional hop-off at Cascade Brewery bus stop.
• Sample a range of Cascade beverages by the glass, as a tasting paddle or paired with lunch at Cascade Brewhouse. Step inside Australia’s oldest brewery on a guided tour.
• Take a relaxing stroll through Cascade Gardens to Cascades Female Factory.
• A gentle downhill walk along Hobart Rivulet Walking Track into the city.
Pass By: Cascades Female Factory Historic Site, 16 Degraves St South Hobart, Hobart, Tasmania 7004 Australia
Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus: Optional hop-off at Female Factory bus stop.
• Discover the stories of Australia’s convict women and their children at Cascades Female Factory. Join a tour for a deeper insight into the history of the site and the lives of those imprisoned here. View displays and exhibitions in the Matron’s Quarters. Her Story is a depiction of the harsh life at the Female Factory.
• Take a relaxing stroll through Cascade Gardens to Cascade Brewhouse.
• A gentle downhill walk along Hobart Rivulet Walking Track into the city.
Pass By: Village Cinemas, 181 Collins St, Hobart, Tasmania 7000 Australia
Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus: Optional hop-off at Village Cinema bus stop.
• Catch Hollywood blockbusters and great art-house films at Village Cinemas. Add a touch of luxury with selected films screening in Gold Class. There’s also plenty of fun to be had with laser tag and arcade games for all ages.
• A short walk to Centrepoint Shopping Centre and the retail stores that border the southern part of the CBD shopping precinct.
Pass By: Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, Dunn Place, Hobart, Tasmania 7000 Australia
Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus: Optional hop-off at Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery bus stop.
• Delve into Tasmania’s unique and fascinating history at the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery. Be sure to check out any current public talks, tours, school holiday programs and other fun family activities.
Pass By: Maritime Museum of Tasmania, Corner Davey & Argyle Streets Carnegie Building, Hobart, Tasmania 7001 Australia
Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus: Optional hop-off at Maritime Museum bus stop.
• Delve into Tasmania’s unique and fascinating history at the Maritime Museum of Tasmania. Be sure to check out any current public talks, tours, school holiday programs and other fun family activities.
Pass By: Hobart Convict Penitentiary, 6 Brisbane St, Hobart, Tasmania 7000 Australia
Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus: Optional hop-off at Hobart Convict Penitentiary bus stop.
• One of Australia’s most significant historic convict precincts, the Hobart Convict Penitentiary was built in the 1830s for the growing number of convicts arriving in the colony. Book in for a viewing of Pandemonium – The Convict Film Experience to explore the journey of Tasmania’s convict ancestors. Or visit after-hours for a thrilling ghost tour. Bookings essential.
Pass By: The Hobart Aquatic Centre, 1 Davies Avenue, Hobart, Tasmania 7000 Australia
Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus: Optional hop-off at Aquatic Centre bus stop.
• Enjoy the Olympic size swimming pool, leisure pools, water slide, spa, sauna, steam room, gym and fitness classes at the Doone Kennedy Hobart Aquatic Centre.
• Admire 40 different rose varieties at the University Rose Gardens.
• Explore the open space of the Queens Domain, including Hobart Cenotaph and Soldiers Memorial Avenue.
Pass By: Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, Lower Domain Road Queens Domain, Hobart, Tasmania 7000 Australia
Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus: Optional hop-off at Botanical Gardens bus stop.
• The Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens are Australia’s premier cool climate garden. Stroll through 14 hectares of unique collections including the Japanese Garden and historic Conservatory. Visit the Lily Pond and Community Food Garden or the world’s only Subantarctic Plant House. Enjoy a meal with great views at Succulent Restaurant and have a browse in the Botanical Shop.
Departure Point :4 Elizabeth St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Return Detail :Brooke Street Pier, 12 Franklin Whrf, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 27 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- What you can do: Please observe directions from staff at all times. If you are feeling unwell, please do not board the bus. Clean your hands before and after you travel. Avoid touching surfaces inside the bus whenever you can. Do not consume food and drinks on board the bus.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.