Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien Highlight Tour: Picture Gallery and Kunstkammer
Discover masterpieces by artists from Breugel to Rembrandt on this 2 to 2.5-hour tour of Vienna's renowned Kunsthistorisches Museum. With numbers limited to 15 people, you’ll enjoy personal attention from your guide as you see exquisite paintings by Vermeer, Rubens, Durer, Caravaggio and many others. You will also be escorted around the Kunstkammer for a look at some of the museum's strangest and most interesting items, like the Golden Saliera by Celini.
per adult from
120 to 150 minutes
What's included :
- Small-Group Museum Tour
- Group size is never more than 15 guests max.
- Professional Tour Guide
- Tours includes all entrance fees
- Duration 2 - 2.5 hours
- Entry/Admission - Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna
What's excluded :
- Tour Price Does NOT Include Hotel Pickup or Drop-Off
- Tour Does NOT Include Gratuities (OPTIONAL)
- Temporary exhibitions NOT included
- Tour is NOT available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna, Maria-Theresien-Platz, Vienna 1010 Austria
Vienna’s world-famous Kunsthistorisches Museum is an architectural marvel and is a must-see for any art lover visiting Vienna. The museum developed from the art collections of the House of Habsburg and hosts a unique collection of some of the world’s most famous painters from Raphael and Rembrandt to Vermeer and Rubens and, of course, Peter Breughel the Elder.
Skip the line and join no more than 15 guests on a guided tour of two of the museum’s key exhibitions. From Peter Breughel’s “Tower of Babel” to Vermeer’s “The Art of Painting” you will become acquainted with the old masters at the museum’s Picture Gallery. You will also see some of the Museum’s rarest and oddest items at the Kunstkammer exhibit, like the golden “Saliera” by Celini and the “Madonna of Krumau”.
After the tour you are free to stay at the museum to explore the remaining exhibits, including those covering ancient Greek, Roman and Egyptian art.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien, Maria-Theresien-Platz, 1010 Wien, Austria
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Umbrellas, backpacks and rain coats must be left in the cloakroom and may not be taken into the museum
- It is permitted to take photos without flash in the museum
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.