Kuranda tour via Skyrail and Kuranda Scenic Rail
This small-group tour includes transfers from your port or hotel to the amazing Skyrail Rainforest Cableway where you will glide over the rainforest canopy as you make your way to Red Peak Station. From there explore the World Heritage listed rainforest before re-boarding to the Barron Falls.
View the magnificent Barron Gorge, falls & visit the Rainforest Interpretive Centre before re-boarding the cableway and making your way to Kuranda. You will be met there and transferred to Kuranda, the village in the rainforest (if you prefer, take a five-minute walk). There you will have two hours to eat, shop and explore.
Later, make your way to the nearby Kuranda Railway Station to board the Kuranda Scenic Railway for a journey through the rainforest over 37 bridges & through 15 tunnels. From Freshwater Station you will be transferred back to your hotel or port. Alternatively, you may choose to travel onwards to Cairns Station and walk to your city accommodation.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up from and drop-off to your port by air-conditioned bus.
- Kuranda map and visitors guide.
- One way journey on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway to Kuranda.
- Two hours free time to explore Kuranda village & famous Heritage Markets.
- One-way journey on the Kuranda Scenic Rail departing Kuranda at 2pm.
- Entry/Admission - Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Entry/Admission - Kuranda Scenic Railway
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Birdworld (approx. AU$19/adult, AU$9.50/child)
- Butterfly Sanctuary (approx. AU$20/adult, AU$10/child)
- Kuranda Koala Gardens (approx. AU$19/adult and AU$9.50/child)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, 6 Skyrail Dr, Smithfield QLD 4878, Australia
Board a gondola, glide over the rainforests to Kuranda with two stops on the way at Red Peak rainforest boardwalk and the spectacular Barron Gorge
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Kuranda, Kuranda, Queensland
Upon arriving in Kuranda, I will meet you and take you to the nearby village where you will have ample time to explore, shop and eat on your own.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kuranda Scenic Railway, Kuranda QLD 4881, Australia
Board the historic Kuranda Scenic Railway for a narrated journey. Travel through World Heritage Listed rainforest through 15 tunnels and over 37 bridges on your way to Freshwater Station. Includes a stop at the spectacular Barron Gorge to view the waterall.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Air conditioned transfer available from selected hotels Cairns city and inner suburbs, Cairns Cruise Liner Terminal (Trinity Wharf) and Yorkey's Knob Yacht Club on cruise ship days. Yorkey's Knob passengers please note it can take 90 minutes just to board a tender in some cases.Ports
- Trinity Wharf
- Yorkeys Knob Boating Club, 29 Buckley St, Yorkeys Knob QLD 4878, Australia
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- I can generally only offer pickup at the hotels or ports listed upon checkout. For special cases or if your pickup is not listed please contact me
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Both Skyrail and the Kuranda Scenic Rail have their own robust Covid-19 safety plans. Customers must supply an email address and mobile phone number so that a health questionnaire can be sent to you by Skyrail prior to the travel date. Thank you
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.