Kuranda tour with Kuranda Scenic Rail
This great value small-group tour includes transfers from your hotel or port to Kuranda. Travel past fields of Sugar Cane and accend the Macalister Range through beautiful rainforest on the Kennedy Highway, named after the famous explorer. You will be dropped in the village and will have all over 2 hours to shop, eat and explore.
After your free time in Kuranda, board the Kuranda Scenic Railway for a journey through the rainforest that takes you over 37 bridges and through 15 tunnels. You will be met at Freshwater Station for your transfer back to your hotel or port, arriving approximately 4pm. Alternatively, you may choose to travel onwards to Cairns Station and walk to your city accommodation.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up from and drop-off to your hotel or port by air-conditioned bus.
- Kuranda map and visitors guide.
- Two hours free time to explore Kuranda village & famous Heritage Markets.
- One-way journey on the Kuranda Scenic Rail departing Kuranda at 2pm.
- Entry/Admission - Kuranda Scenic Railway
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kuranda, Kuranda, Queensland
After your bus transfer to Kuranda with commentary, you will have about 2 hours explore, shop and eat on your own. It's a short walk to the train station, alternately use the free shuttle bus that leaves near the Butterfly sanctuary. On the way we may drop off some customers at the Skyrail.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Kuranda Scenic Railway, Kuranda QLD 4881, Australia
Board the historic Kuranda Scenic Railway for a narrated journey . Travel through World Heritage Listed rainforest through 15 tunnels and over 37 bridges as you make your way to Freshwater Station.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Air conditioned transfer available from selected hotels Cairns city and inner suburbsPorts
- Trinity Wharf
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- I can generally only offer pickup at the hotels listed upon checkout. For special cases or if the hotel is not listed please contact me
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- The Kuranda Scenic Rail has their own robust Covid-19 safety plan.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.