Kutná Hora: Coiners of Medieval Europe - 7 hour Private Day Trip from Prague
Just one hour’s drive from Prague, this Kutna Hora day tour acquaints you with a charming medieval town inscribed in the UNESCO World Heritage Fund, full of picturesque monuments and sites that take you back to another age. From the 1300s, the mines in Kutná Hora contributed an entire third of the European production of silver, spurring the economic dominance of the Bohemian Kingdom. The silver “Prague groschen” was a hard currency throughout Central Europe for several centuries. Naturally, the wealth of Kutná Hora prompted the town to express its importance by commissioning soaring medieval cathedrals, elegant town squares, and townhouses that we can still enjoy today. With your historian guide, you will also visit nearby Sedlec, to experience the uncanny and fantastic Baroque Bone Chapel or Ossuary decorated with the skeletons of 60,000 victims of the plagues and Hussite Wars.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Lunch is self-paid. Your guide will help you to select great choices from a traditional Czech menu at an excellent but casual local Kutna Hora restaurant.
- Entry/Admission - The Cemetery Church of All Saints with the Ossuary
- Entry/Admission - St Barbara's Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - The Cathedral of Assumption
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Cemetery Church of All Saints with the Ossuary, Zamecka, Kutna Hora 284 03 Czech Republic
Visit the atmospheric Bone Chapel at Sedlec, while your historian guide helps you ponder the Baroque-era philosophies of resurrection and redemption that prompted the use of thousands of human bones as an ornate church decoration.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kutna Hora, Kutna Hora, Central Bohemian Region, Bohemia
Explore medieval and Renaissance town squares and charming house facades. Delve into Bohemia of the middle ages, when sovereigns of the 13th and 14th centuries were among the most powerful rulers in Europe.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St Barbara's Cathedral, Barborska Street, Kutna Hora 284 01 Czech Republic
Encounter the stupendous vaulting of St. Barbara Cathedral, a masterwork of medieval construction
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: The Cathedral of Assumption, U Zastavky, Kutna Hora 284 03 Czech Republic
The Cathedral of the Assumption of Our Lady at Sedlec, a part of the former Cistercian monastery, is equally worth the attention of any architecture lover in addition to the historical city center. It is the biggest and the most challenging cathedral in the Bohemian lands from the late 1200s showing the might of the politically active abbots (the heads of monasteries).
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our private driver and guide will be outside your hotel or holiday flat holding a sign with your name.Airports
- Prague-Ruzyne Airport, Aviaticka, Prague Czech Republic
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- The Czech Republic has done an exceptional job flattening the curve of the Covid-19 virus. Most activities, gatherings and trips are allowed for locals as well as travelers. We are keeping our eye on changes in requirements and adapting our tours swiftly.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.