Kykkos and Omodos Full Day Excursion from Paphos in German
Starting from your hotel in Latchi, Polis or Paphos, this trip will take you into the green heart of the island, the Troodos Mountain range. This includes picturesque villages and the Kykkos Monastery.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Troodos Mountains
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Troodos Mountains, Troodos Cyprus
We start our day with a short stop in the village of Panayia, the birthplace of Archbishop Makarios III, the First President of the Republic of Cyprus.
We drive through the Cedar Valley on our way up to the Kykkos Monastery with its spectacular views (short stop for photos).
The Kykkos Monastery which is the richest monastery in Cyprus consists of two courtyards with arcades and magnificent mosaics and is dedicated to Virgin Mary. The Monastery is famous for hosting one of the three surviving icons of Virgin Mary, painted by Saint Lucas. The Monastery stands at an altitude of 1318m above sea level and offers magnificent views.
After the visit to the monastery we drive to the highest mountain in Cyprus, Olympos, at an altitude of 1951m. At the Troodos square we stop for lunch ( optional extra ).
On our way back to Paphos in the afternoon, we visit one of the most beautiful wine villages of Cyprus – Omodhos, with its picturesque square with the numerous “Kafenion” ( coffee shop ) and handicraft shops. Here you will get a chance to taste the local delicacies of the area and the local wines and spirits walking through the cobbled streets of the village.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Meeting points within short walking distance from the accommodation may be assigned.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- During the Summer the temperatures are high, protection for the sun and hat is advisable.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Coach excursion with up to 55 guests
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if the days of operation change. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.