Kyoto Arashiyama & Sagano Walking Food Tour
Maybe you have seen a picture of a Bamboo grove in Japan once in your life. This is the highlight of Arashiyama, an area where ancient aristocrats had their villas more than 1,000 years ago. On this tour, mainly you will visit a beautiful bridge called the Togetsukyo and the Tenryu-ji temple with beautiful traditional gardens, Bamboo grove, Sagano area, Jojakko-ji Temple with breathtakingly green mos. On the way, you also visit some secret spots where tourists don't know. While enjoying the walk and delicious food, you also learn some Japanese culture and history.
Let's explore Arashiyama and Sagano local area with the local guide & delicious food!!
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional and friendly local guide
- (Lunch) Croquette, Soy milk donut, Negiyaki, Deep fried fish cake, Maccha tea & Japanese Sweets
- Entrance fee for Tenryu-ji Temple & Jojakko-ji Temple
- Entry/Admission - Jojakkoji Temple
- Entry/Admission - Tenryuji Temple
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Extra food and drink
- Other personal expenses
- Transportation fee to meeting point
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Nonomiya Shrine, １ Saganomiyanomotocho, Ukyo Ward, Kyoto, 616-8393, Japan
From meetup point (JR Saga Arashiyama Station), we will head to Sagano area and Jojakko-ji Temple at first.
On the way, we have a special local croquette and soy milk donuts.
Then, go through the small bamboo forest and Nonomiya Shrine (Shrine of Love).
After Nonomiya Shrine, the road will be very quiet and the scenery will be quite peaceful.
Enjoy the local atomosphere of Sagano Area.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Jojakkoji Temple, 3 Saga Ogurayamaoguracho, Ukyo-Ku, Kyoto 616-8397 Kyoto Prefecture
In Sagano area, you will find an old black gate.
That is entrance of Jojakko-ji Temple which is famous for the Maple and Mos.
Here, you will feel a sense of authentic Japanese beauty.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Mikami Shrine, 10-2 Ogurayamataguchiyama-Cho, Ukyo-Ku, Kyoto 616-8394 Kyoto Prefecture
Between Jojakko-ji Temple and Bamboo Forest, you will see a small shrine on your right hand.
The place is shrine of one part of our body.
You will know the uniqueness of Japanese worship.
After that, have a slow walking into the Bamboo Forest.
If you like, you can take a picture there.
If you like, the guide tell you the story about Bamboo.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tenryuji Temple, 68 Saga Tenryuji Susukinobabacho, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto 616-8385 Kyoto Prefecture
After Bamboo Grove, there is World-Heritage-Site Zen Temple, Tenryu-ji.
Exploring the grande, and enjoy the seasonal flowers.
The specialty of this Zen Garden is its pond garden wiz surrounding mountain.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Togetsukyo Bridge, Sagatenryuji Susukinobabacho, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto 616-8385 Kyoto Prefecture
And then, head to the most Iconic Bridge of Japan, Togetsu Bridge.
Enjoy the scenery like ancient aristocrats.
The view of the combination of this bridge & background woods are very scenic.
Then, let's have a local Kyoto food, leak pancake (Kyoto style Okonomiyaki) and special fish cake.
Since you have a long walking around Sagano area, your stomach has a space now.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Arashiyama Kimono Forest, Sagatenryuji Tsukurimichicho, Ukyo-Ku, Kyoto 616-8384 Kyoto Prefecture
After you had Kyoto Style Okonomiyaki, you will head to Kimono Forest which is a collection of gorgeous cylinder-shaped pillars looks like traditional Japanese textile, Kimono.
And then, have a local sweets!!
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Saga-Arashiyama Station, 11-1 Sagatenryūji Kurumamichichō, Ukyo Ward, Kyoto, 616-8373, Japan
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking (App. 3.5 km) and stairs are included
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Regular temperature checks for travelers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.