LA ANTIGUA SIGHTSEEING TOUR from Puerto Quetzal
You will depart from Puerto Quetzal to La Antigua Guatemala. Once there, you will visit the Jade Factory and Museum and see the city's most important sights by bus.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Real Palacio, Calle Poniente 5A Between 4ta and 5ta avenida parque central, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
Among the most important monuments is the Cathedral, built in 1669 and finished in 1680. Majestic and elegant, this cathedral preserves the beautiful colonial details of its Spanish heritage. The Palace of the Captains, featuring a row of 27 arches along each floor, the Palacio del Noble Ayuntamiento which houses the city's municipal offices, and Museo del Libro Antiguo or Antique Book Museum are also in the area.
At the very center of the square is the impressive Fountain of the Sirens, designed in 1739 by the main arquitect of the city known as Joseph de Porres, a recognized colonial architect.
At the end board your bus once again to return to Puerto Quetzal.
Stop At: Jade Maya - The Original Jade factory and Museum, 4a. Calle Oriente No. 34, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
The first stop of your tour is the popular Jade Museum and Factory. On this visit you will see displays of the best sculptures made in Jade. Discover the intricate relation between the Mayans and this precious stone. Step into the factory to see how this stone is cut and polished by Guatemalan artisans who follow the carving traditions of their ancestors. At the end you can explore the shop for exquisite jade pieces available for purchase.
Continue from your comfortable vehicle on this slow-paced, easy tour that involves minimal walking on this city founded in 1543 by Spanish conquistadors, and played the role of capital and seat of the Spanish colonial government of Central America for over two centuries. In 1773 an earthquake devastated most of the city and caused it to be destroyed and abandoned. Ride along cobblestone streets, past vibrant colonial architecture restored to host a charming city today full of churches, convents and mansions - a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1979.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Tour departs from main parking lot at port Quetzal. Pick up time will be within 15 minutes of the establisheddeparture time in your confirmation.Ports
- Marina Pez vela, Puerto Quetzal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 4 participants per booking is required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.