La Fortuna City Tour
We call our La Fortuna City Tour the "Tarde de Cafe" -- an afternoon to have a leisurely walk about town with a local guide, visiting a couple of our favorite locations. You will get a quick look into the history of this vibrant, rural adventure town tucked away at the foothills of the iconic Arenal Volcano. You will then have a delicious, locally-grown and brewed coffee before using your Spanish skills to buy fresh vegetables for your Costa Rican Cooking Class. We then head to the famous El Salto waterfall and swimming hole where you'll meet the Hunters & Gatherers chef as you learn to Cook Like a Local!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Light refreshments
- Local guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Entry/Admission - Organico Fortuna( Organic food, super food, gluten free and more!!
- Entry/Admission - Hunters & Gatherers Costa Rica
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Desafio Adventure Company, Meters West of the Central Park 100 Downtown La Fortuna, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos 21007 Costa Rica
Start off by visiting the Desafio Adventure Company office to learn about the fascinating birth of an adventure tour and the pioneering outfitters that put La Fortuna on the map as the premier adventure destination in the world!
Stop At: Organico Fortuna( Organic food, super food, gluten free and more!!, Alajuela Province, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
Get an inside look at unique history of the area and Costa Rica's favorite past time: drinking coffee!
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Iglesia de La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos Costa Rica
We do a city tour of the La Fortuna downtown area and visit the iconic La Fortuna Catholic Church.
Pass By: El Salto - Río Fortuna, Río, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
After stopping by a local vegetable market to get the ingredients for the cooking class, you swing by the El Salto Waterfall and Swimming Hole.
Stop At: Hunters & Gatherers Costa Rica, 702, Alajuela Province, San Carlos La Fortuna Alajuela CR 21007, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
You finish your evening with an entertaining and informative cooking class to learn about the delicious local cuisine.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We have an extra transport charge for hotels outside of our normal pick-up zone.
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian, gluten free and other dietary restrictions available. Please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Ask about our "Pure Private - Pura Vida" upgrades to make your tour completely PRIVATE. We also have locally-handmade, 3-ply fabric masks and plastic masks for sale. Let us know if there is anything we can assist with for making your travels as safe & comfortable as possible.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.