La Garrotxa and Besalú Private Tourfrom Barcelona
Discover a magical slice of Catalonia on this private full-day La Garrotxa and Besalú tour, from Barcelona. Stroll through historic Santa Pau, wander the beech forests of Fageda d'en Jorda, and visit a volcanic park to hike the Santa Margarita crater. Delve into ancient history by touring the walled town of Besalú. Customize your private tour, and enjoy personalized attention from your guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - La Fageda d'en Jorda
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: BCN Hidden Tours, Carrer de la Merce 27 4 - A, 08002 Barcelona Spain
Lace up your walking shoes, depart Barcelona, and begin your tour of La Garrotxa’s most beautiful spots. Explore Catalonia’s famed beech tree forests, one of the 26 reserves inside the Natural Park of the Volcanic Area of La Garrotxa. Traverse the fairy-tale landscape, visiting any of twenty or more volcanoes, and linger inside one of the craters.
Stop At: La Fageda d'en Jorda, Parc Natural de la Zona volcanica de la Garrotxa, Olot Spain
Hike to the Croscat volcano, where an old stone extraction allows you to see into its depths. From there, hike through beech forests, admiring spectacular views. Make the easy climb up the Santa Margarita volcano, and stop to see the Templar chapel located in its center. We recommend you bring a small picnic to enjoy while you take in the panoramic view from atop the crater.
Continue to the medieval walled town of Besalú, a prime example of Romanesque architecture and widely regarded as one of Spain’s most beautiful villages. An important commercial center during the Middle Ages, the town hosted merchants from all over Europe, who came to trade and do business. See the 10th-century castle, fortress, ramparts, church, and monastery. Stroll through the Jewish quarter, glimpsing the old synagogue, the Royal Curia, and the fortified bridge, and allow yourself to be transported to the time of kings and knights. Savor the beauty one last moment before journeying back to Barcelona.
Duration: 12 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- A maximum of 4 people per group
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.