La Jolla: Explore California's Riviera on a self-guided audio tour
Curious about La Jolla’s backstory then lace-up your sneakers, it’s time to soak in the glory and magnificence of this sun-kissed seaside community by immersing yourself in its story, history and architecture. Take in the feel, allure and romance of this Southern Californian coastal paradise as you stroll the streets of the downtown village of La Jolla with this self-guided GPS tour. You can Tour Freely: stop and start at your leisure.
Go back in time to discover fascinating fun facts about La Jolla’s early days. Discover the influence of Ellen Browning Scripps and view historical sites designed by architect Irving Gill. Take in an expansive vista from a tucked-away historic observation deck. See and hear the seals and sea lions barking at the Children’s Pool - pupping season is in Spring! See Dr Seuss original artworks along the way and swing by the La Valencia Hotel, where Hollywood luminaries like Gregory Peck and Dorothy Maguire stayed and have a delicious Whaler drink at the bar.
per adult from
45 to 60 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Legends Gallery, 1205 Prospect St Suite B, La Jolla, San Diego, CA 92037-3612
The tour passes by Legends Gallery which has an ongoing display of Dr. Seuss’ art.
Pass By: La Valencia Hotel, 1132 Prospect St, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
The tour passes by the La Valencia Hotel and gives you the opportunity to walk through its doors if you want to/have the time.
Pass By: Girard Avenue and Prospect Street, About 16 Km Northwest of San Diego Girard and Prospect Avenues, La Jolla, San Diego, CA
The tour begins on Prospect Street and passes briefly onto Girard Avenue before rejoining Prospect street once again.
Pass By: St James by-The-Sea Episcopal Church, 743 Prospect St, La Jolla, San Diego, CA 92037-4229
The tour passes by one of La Jolla's oldest churches: the St James by-The-Sea Episcopal Church
Pass By: Cuvier Park - The Wedding Bowl, 555 Coast Blvd S, La Jolla, San Diego, CA 92037-4641
The tour briefly passes this popular wedding destination.
Pass By: Children's Pool, 850 Coast Blvd, La Jolla, San Diego, CA 92037-4254
The tour passes by the Children's Pool, another gift from Ellen Browning Scripps to the children of La Jolla that provided a safe place to swim.
Pass By: Ellen Browning Scripps Park, 1133 Coast Blvd, La Jolla, San Diego, CA 92037-3638
The tour passes by the Ellen Browning Scripps Park. It is the perfect place to stop for a picnic if you brought some snacks and drinks with you.
Pass By: La Jolla Cove, 1100 Coast Blvd, La Jolla, San Diego, CA 92037-3600
The tour passes La Jolla's Cove Beach which is considered one of the major outdoor destinations in the community.
Pass By: Sunny Jim Cave, 1325 Cave St, La Jolla, San Diego, CA 92037-3684
The tour ends a stone's throw from The Cave Shop which provides access to the man-made tunnel leading down to the “Sunny Jim Cave”.
Pass By: La Jolla Caves, La Jolla, San Diego, CA
The tour ends with tips on how to get to the caves if you wish to explore them.
Departure Point :1270 Prospect St, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 12/10/2019 - 10/24/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :La Jolla Coast Walks, 1249 Coast Blvd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- The tour is wheelchair accessible, except at the end of the tour, when the guide says to return to starting location you can go up the steps. There is an alternate route available to bypass the steps. Simply continue in the same direction on Coast Blvd., up the hill to Prospect Street. When you reach Prospect Street, cross the street, turn right and head back to the starting point. Additionally, please note, there are a couple of steep hills. We are aware that there may be special requirements. We want our tours to be accessible to everyone, so if you have any questions or concerns, please contact ToursFreely.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.