La Martiniere Decoded
On this very exclusive tour ‘La Martiniere Decoded’, we take you on a walk through the campus of La Martiniere, a prestigious boarding school in Lucknow. You will visit the hidden corners to understand not only its history, but also to understand the education and administrative systems followed by the school. Also, enjoy tea and snacks in the school canteen.
• History of La Martiniere and Claude Martin
• Hidden Treasures of La Martiniere
• Tea and Snacks in School Canteen
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Air conditioned Vehicle.
- Pick up / drop off within Lucknow city center.
- La Martiniere specialist English Speaking Guide.
- Access to hidden corners and places in La Martiniere with special permission.
- Tea & snacks at school canteen with special arrangements.
- La Martiniere related reference material shown during the tour (handouts and pictures)
- 02 bottles of mineral water.
- Entry/Admission - La Martiniere College
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: La Martiniere College, La Martiniere Road, Lucknow 226001 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in Lucknow city center and will be escorted in your air-conditioned vehicle to La Martiniere. You have the choice of morning (10:30 AM) or afternoon (2:30 PM) for your walking tour.
Upon arrival at the school, meet your local English speaking guide and start your walking tour. La Martiniere was built by Frenchman Claude Martin as his palatial home. It has a facade that is part Roman archways, part Gothic horror movie, Disneyland castle and has turrets and gargoyles atop a long line of Corinthian columns. During this tour, you will become familiar with Claude Martin’s rise to Major General in the British East India Company. This is a school that received many honors, including ‘The Battle Honors’ for the defense of the Residency in 1857.
During your tour, you will visit hidden corners and places within the school. Enjoy tea and snacks at the school canteen.
Upon conclusion of the tour, you will be driven back to your hotel in Lucknow.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport, Amausi, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226009, India
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- This is an exclusive independent tour and operates every day.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.