La Paz Bay Whale Shark Snorkeling Adventure
What could be more adventurous than a snorkeling activity to watch the whale sharks, the biggest fish of the world? Book with us and get an exceptional aquatic experience of swimming & snorkeling with these gentle giants. Our whale shark observation is led by professional certified naturalist guides.
Reduced semi private groups, that allow us to offer you a personalized service specially for the ones that don't have much snorkeling expertise.
Since we operate reduced group tours your time and experience will be maximized.
Usually guests get in the water with the whale sharks about 3 times with relatively calm seas and the abundance of whale sharks in the bay, something not possible with companies that operate larger tours.
27 years of experience providing world class adventures
per adult from
What's included :
- Snorkel gear and wet suit
- Purified water and snacks
- All Fees and Taxes
- English speaking naturalist guide
What's excluded :
The whale shark is the world’s largest fish (a toothless, plankton feeding, harmless shark) and they are often found schooling at the sandy peninsula called El Mogote, just 10 minutes by boat from La Paz from October to May. You will meet your professional naturalist guide at the starting point. The guide will get you set up with your snorkel gear, wet suit and life jacket. You'll have snorkel and safety briefings as well as educational commentary regarding The Sea of Cortez and its popular inhabitants. Your guide will ensure your whale shark encounter is also respectful towards the creature. Number of swims and number of whale sharks will depend on the abundance of whale sharks in the bay and weather conditions. The 3 hour Whale Shark snorkeling adventure includes cold drinks, snacks and fruit.
You'll return back home with unforgettable whale shark memories.
• Península El Mogote, Baja California Sur, Mexico
Departure Point :Mar y Aventuras, Blvd 5 de Febrero 564 Interior E, Barrio Manglito, 23060 La Paz, B.C.S., Mexico
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We follow the DAN PROTOCOL (Divers Alert Network) for cleaning all snorkeling equipment. Everything will be cleaned with sodium hypochlorite after each use to eliminate the virus. Of course, you can bring your own equipment if you prefer.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.