La Rioja Small villages small group tour with wine tasting and lunch
Enjoy a day combining culture and gastronomy!
Learn the history of the Monastery of San Millán, where the first Spanish texts of History are registered, and learn all of this medieval environment declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
Then, travel the La Rioja wine route in Haro and Laguardia, both medieval villages, and be captivated by its ancient charm.
Finally enjoy a wine tasting with Denomination of Origin La Rioja surrounded by multicolored vineyards, enjoy a traditional lunch in an emblematic restaurant.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Traditional La Rioja foods lunch
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Small group tour
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wine tasting
- Entry/Admission - San Millan Suso Monastery
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yuso, Yuso, Santillana del Mar, Cantabria
The monasteries of Yuso and Suso are part of a religious institution founded in the 6th century by San Millán. They were declared World Heritage by UNESCO in 1997. We will pick you up at your hotel / apartment to take you there, and you can visit both monasteries on a visit that lasts approximately 1.5 hours in total.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: San Millan Suso Monastery, San Millan de la Cogolla Spain
Constructed between the 6th and 11th centuries, important vestiges remain of the different historic moments it has lived through. The rock caverns in which the hermits lived, the primitive Visigoth coenobium, the Mozarab enlargement and finally, the Romanesque.
Access to the monastery is through the portaello, where the tombs of the infantes de Lara and their tutor Nuño are located, accompanying the three Navarran queens.
Through the Mozarabic arch with alabaster capitals which recall the time of the caliph of Cordoba in the 10th c., decorated with designs depicting plant motifs and geometrical shapes, we enter inside the Mozarabic monastery with three large horseshoe arches. At the back we can see the remains of the primitive Visigoth construction.
The burial cave contains the tomb of the founder from the second half of the 12th c. built of black alabaster and decorated with a recumbent statue, wearing priest's robes, alb, chasuble and stole with a beautifully worked cross on his chest bearing the decoration of numbers and plants. Nowadays, the Pilgrims' Way as it passes through la Rioja makes a diversion to the monastery of Yuso where the saint's remains are kept.
During the Middle Ages it was a centre of political and cultural power. From its important scriptorium came the first written testimony of the Romance Spanish and Basque languages, the glosas emilianenses. Nowadays the Ministry of Culture looks after the monastery
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Laguardia, Laguardia, Province of Alava, Basque Country
The small town of Laguardia, also known as "the wine capital", has maintained throughout history its original Medieval features.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Haro, Haro, La Rioja
Wine capital in La Rioja. Join us to visit the town of the wine.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Logrono Agoncillo Airport, Ctra. Logroño-Zaragoza (N-232), s/n, 26160 Agoncillo, La Rioja, Spain
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.