Ladies of Laurel Grove Women's History Tour
This is Savannah's only Women's History Tour conducted inside of the city's only true Victorian cemetery. Buried within are some of the most colorful, adventurous and influential women of the 19th century. From Girl Scout Founder, Juliette Low, Florence Martus aka The Waving Girl to Jewish Civil Wartime Nurse Phoebe Pember or the loving benfactress muse of poet-painter, Kahlil Gibran, Mrs. Mary Haskell-Minis, its nothing short of remarkable that so much female empowered women ended up in one cemetery!
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour Access To Laurel Grove Cemetery & Tour
- Entry/Admission - Laurel Grove North Cemetery
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Laurel Grove North Cemetery, 802 W Anderson St, Savannah, GA 31415-5494
Before feminism was even a concept, Savannah women were leading fascinating, daring lives of creativity and innovation that influenced and sometimes shook the world! Yet like so many accomplishments of women in The South, they either made the history pages or went lost to them. Its uncanny that so many of these fabulous women ended up in one Savannah cemetery!
Juliette Gordon-Low, Founder of The Girl Scouts of The USA
Florence Martus, aka, "The Waving Girl"
Nina Pape, Educator & Founder of The Pape School
Eugenia Phillips, Banished Civil War Spy
Mary Marshall, Philanthropist & Builder
Phoebe Pember, Famed Civil War Nurse
Mary Haskell, Benefactress Muse to Poet-Painter Kahlil Gibran
Tour discussions will also include the many roles of women in Victorian Society, the very particular traditions around funerals, along with social organizations like The Order of The Eastern Star, The Daughters of Rebekkah and other women's movements.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Laurel Grove North Cemetery, 802 W Anderson St, Savannah, GA 31415, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- We're out doors in sunshine and easiest social distancing one can do while on a tour in Savannah.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.