Lake Atitlan: Upper Mayan Trail from Antigua or Panajachel
This full day tour takes you high into the mountains above Lake Atitlan on a strenuous hike ending in Solola. Explore the village of Santa Cruz la Laguna and visit the indigenous market in Solola.
Hike through maize fields, coffee fields, old growth forest, and into the cloud forest. Visit a sacred Mayan site with the change to see Shaman performing Fire Ceremony. Hike ends in Solola with time to explore the market, then transfer to Panajachel and back to Antigua. Very strenuous hike.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or coach
- Outdoors adventure, plus learn about the Mayan culture
- All activities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (centrally located Antigua hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Lake Atitlan
- Entry/Admission - Los Elementos Adventure Center
- Entry/Admission - Solola Market
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
Experience one of the most beautiful lakes in the world
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Los Elementos Adventure Center, Santa Cruz La Laguna 07014 Guatemala
Gear up and prepare for your hike at our exclusive Adventure Center.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Solola Market, Town Centre, Solola 07001 Guatemala
Experience an authentic Mayan market. Like the more famous Chichicastenango market, but with many fewer tourists.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Antigua: Centrally located Antigua hotels. Panajachel: Option if you are staying at Lake Atitlan.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.