Lake Bled and Traditional Lunch in Radovljica from Ljubljana
Often described as the ‘Image of Paradise’, the Alpine resort town of Bled will enchant visitors with its emerald-green lake, fairytale-like island, traditional wooden boats “pletna” and imposing castle reigning on top of a rocky cliff. On the way back to Ljubljana we will stop at the medieval town of Radovljica, visit the live gingerbread museum and enjoy in a traditional Slovenian lunch.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation with car/van
- English speaking guide/driver
- Sightseeing Tour of Bled
- Sightseeing Tour of Radovljica
- Lunch in a traditional restaurant
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Pletna boat ride to the island (15€/per person)
- Entrance to the church on Church of St. Mary's Assumption (6€/per person)
- Entrance to Bled Castle (13€/per person)
- Your excursion begins with a complimentary pick up from your hotel or alternative meeting point when pick up isn't possible at the hotel. During the drive in a comfortable car/minivan your guide will share information and answer to your questions regarding Slovenia. Meanwhile you will be driving about an hour through rural Slovenia towards the Julian Alps.
When you arrive to Bled, you will experience a drive around the lake and a short stroll around Lake Bled where your guide will share his/her knowledge about this beautiful place. After the sightseeing tour of the town, you will have a chance to visit the majestic Castle or enjoy in a ride in a traditional wooden boat, called »pletna« to the island and back or you can enjoy on your own time.
After a short drive to Radovljica and sightseeing tour of the city, you will see the famous Slovenian gingerbread workshop Lectar. 'Lectarstvo' is an old and renowned traditional handicraft of Slovenia. The decorated pastry is made from honey dough and shaped either with a wooden or a tin mold, or by hand.The craft is one of the oldest practiced in cities and on squares, while in the countryside lect workshops appeared in the 19th century, when lect-making saw its heyday. Today, honey-bread products are precious souvenirs from Slovenia. Of course a visit of the Slovenian countryside wouldn't be complete without tasting what Slovenian cuisine has to offer. We will have a lunch, typical for the alpine region.
You will return to Ljubljana full of wonderful memories, where the tour will end at the meeting point.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We are kindly asking you to inform us where you are staying or which pick-up point from the list of our general pick-up locations did you choose, so that we can provide all the necessary information and find a pick up location close to you.As different pick-up locations have different pick-up times you will be contacted through Email and all the details about the pick-up will be given. Below you can find three more of our general pick-up locations:Slovenian tourist information center (Ad.: Krekov trg 10 , 1000 Ljubljana)Levstik sqaure (Ad.: Levstikov trg 5, 1000 Ljubljana) French Revolution Square ( by the obelisk Ad. : trg Francoske Revolucije,Ljubljana) *A short delay of up to 15 minutes can occur due to traffic conditions and different pick up locations.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults. Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum numbers apply for the Group tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 21 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.