Lake Como and the Fall of Fascism
The itinerary take place in Musso and Dongo where a guide will lead us on a walk to discover the places and histories of the Resistance movement, which sometimes even local residents ignore. The western shore of the lake is a land of partisans and the backdrop for the epilogue of fascism and of Mussolini’s own life. In Dongo we will visit the historical Paracchini square, which now host the Museum of the End of the War and the church of St Euphemia, from which the partisans organised an ambush to stop the advance of the German car column.
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lago di Como, 22100 Italy
You will learn about last days of Mussolini, where has been caught and shot, in the very plece where history was made.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Il Giardino del Merlo, Via del Giardino 12 Musso/Dongo, 22010 Dongo Italy
you will enjoy the stunning view from Santa Eufemia Church over Lake Como and you will discover this secret and less known garden
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Via 20 Settembre, 7, 22014 Dongo CO, Italy
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All our activities have been re-designed to meet the needs of the COVID-19 emergency. In particular, they take place in the open air, are reserved for small groups, and guarantee social distance. We ask all participants to bring a mask and common sense! :)
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.