Lake Como's Greenway audio tour: Mystery and heritage along Lake Como's banks
Explore the diverse, unique and unexpected beauty of Italy’s Lake Como on a pleasant self guided audio tour along the Greenway trail. We’ll stroll along a 2,5km stretch from Ossuccio to Lenno, following parts of the old Roman Road. We’ll pass through villages and open areas dotted with the ruins of ancient chapels. Along the way, with the calls of the old fishermen floating on the Ventone winds, I’ll tell you the tale of an underwater church with bells that toll from deep in the lake.
The landmarks include:
• Comacina Island, a small piece of land rich in history and legends
• Olive trees overlooking the bays of Lake Como
• Villa Balbiano, an elegant, ancient mansion
• The Golfo di Venere that hides a small Atlantis
• Ancient churches such as the church of Saint Eufemia and Saint Stephen’s
per adult from
40 to 65 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Chiesa di San Giacomo, SS340, 13, 22010 Ossuccio CO, Italy
The tour passes by Chiesa di San Giacomo.
Pass By: Isola Comacina, Isola Comacina, Lake Como, Lombardy
The tour passes on a route where you can view Isola Comacina.
Pass By: Dosso del Liro, Dosso del Liro, Lake Como, Lombardy
The tour passes through Dosso di Lavedo.
Pass By: Chiesa di Santo Stefano, Piazza Roma, 32045 Santo Stefano di Cadore Italy
The tour ends by Chiesa di Santo Stefano.
Departure Point :Via Statale, 7, 22010 Ossuccio CO, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/10/2020 - 10/20/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Chiesa di Santo Stefano, Via Manzi Don Giovanni, 16, 22014 Dongo CO, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.