Lake cruise on Lough Corrib to Inchagoill Island & Cong village from Oughterard.
The "Corrib Queen" departs from Oughterard pier daily (except Tuesdays) at 12:00pm, and sails onto Inchagoill Island. En route passengers experience awe inspiring views of the Connemara mountains, and experience the beauty of Lough Corrib's 365 islands.Having arrived on Inchagoill Island, passengers will be given a guided tour at St. Patricks monastic site
which dates back to the 5th century.
Leaving Inchagoill Island we continue our cruise onto the world-renowned Ashford Castle in Cong arriving there at approx
13:30. Passengers at this point have the option of taking the 1 km walk to the quaint village of Cong, famous as the location of John Ford's 1951 classic
Hollywood movie "The Quiet Man". Passengers also have the option of enjoying the beautiful grounds of Ashford Castle,
The Oughterard Cruise ticket price includes admission to the gardens at Ashford Castle. At 17:00 passengers will then board the Corrib Queen for direct transfer to Oughterard, arriving at approximately 18:00.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lake cruise on cabin cruiser boat. Guide/Skipper
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lough Corrib, Ireland
A picturesque lake cruise on Lough Corrib to historic Inchagoill Island & Cong village home of the majestic Ashford castle. Fully guided from Oughterard. Pax: Min 1, Max 60. Available July & August
Departure Point :Pier Road, Pier Rd, Fough East, Co. Galway, Ireland
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Please bring warm, rain and windproof gear, sun glasses, water/refreshments, camera and sun block for good weather! Comfortable walking shoes.
- Please advise guide of any and all medical conditions prior to departing on the days activities.
- Safety: Please wear life jacket when on or close to water
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.