Discover the Isla Cabritos National Park in the Independencia region, considered of being one of the most beautiful regions of the country. The lake Enriquillo is located between the mountains of Bahoruco and Neyba and lies 30 meters below sea level. The region gets very little rainfall and is therefore the driest region of Dominican Republic. Due to this fact the vegetation in this area almost exclusively consists of cacti but this anyhow does not stop the wildlife from flourishing! A variety of Iguanas, Scorpions, Crocodiles and Birds (60 different species including egrets, herons and king-fisher) find their home in this well protected surrounding. The lake is the largest natural reserve where the American Crocodile can be found. On this tour you will observe the wildlife, go on a boat ride on the lake, get a typical lunch in the village of La Descubierta, explore the Taino cave “Las Caritas” and swim in one of the natural sulfureted water pools. What are you waiting for, book today!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses and tips
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Enriquillo (Lago Enriquillo), Provincia Independencia, Municipio de la Descubierta. Republica Dominicana, 83000 Dominican Republic
Explore the beautiful Lake Enriquillo
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Las Caritas, Dominican Republic
Explore the Taino cave “Las Caritas".
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If you are in a hotel not listed but still in the Barahona, Paraiso, Los Patos region a Pick up is possible but on a surcharge. Please inform us in which hotel you're staying.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.