LAKE MAGGIORE TOUR FROM Milan with its BORROMEO’S ISLANDS - private tour
Lake Maggiore is one of the 'Lombardy lakes' of northern Italy and the second largest lake in Italy, after Lake Garda. Formed from a glacier, the lake is surrounded by hills in the south and mountains to the north. It's a long and narrow lake.
Stresa is an excellent base to discover Lake Maggiore. There is so much to see and do from palaces, villas and gardens to markets, local festivals and concerts. There are walks for every ability and excursions that depart from Stresa to see the best of the Italian Lake District. You will reach the Borromean Islands by boat.
Your guide will introduce you to the sumptuous Baroque palace and terraced gardens of Isola Bella, the charming villas, gardens and theatres on Isola Madre, and the traditional fishing village of Isola Pescatori. Isola Bella will surprise you with its sumptuous baroque palace and its terraced Italian-style gardens.
per adult from
What's included :
- Train Tickets from Milan to Stresa and return
- Boat transfers
- Guide at disposal Full day
- Entrance tickets Palazzo Borromeo
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Stresa, Stresa, Lake Maggiore, Piedmont
Spend a day at the stunning Lake Maggiore with this day trip from Milan. At a short distance from Milan, the Borromeo's Islands are the highlight of a stay at Lake Maggiore or you can reach the lake by train from Milan in just one hour. Visit Stresa, a charming village caught between the mountains and the lake with its beautiful XIX century mansions and gardens. First settled over a millennia ago, the town of Stresa was heavily influenced by Milan's aristocratic Borromeo family, who commissioned the beautiful 15th - 17th century palaces and villas for which Stresa and the neighboring islands are renowned.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Borromean Islands, 28838 Stresa, Province of Verbano-Cusio-Ossola, Italy
From Stresa you will reach the Borromean Islands by boat. Your guide will introduce you to the sumptuous Isola Bella, the charming villas, gardens and theatres on Isola Madre, and the traditional fishing village of Isola Pescatori. Isola Bella will surprise you with its sumptuous baroque palace and its terraced Italian-style gardens. It is the most well known of the Borromean Islands. Lying offshore from Stresa it is just a 10 minute boat ride away. Visit the opulent palace and monumental gardens.
On Isola Madre the atmosphere is more authentic, with a wonderful botanical garden, it is home to a traditional Italian Villa decorated with frescoes and ornate furniture and the rambling gardens are a welcome retreat in the summer; Isola Pescatori is the more lively, a quaint fishing village located on an Island just 10 minutes boat ride from Stresa. An ideal place to visit for a leisurely lunch and after free time your guide will escort back to Stresa in order to get the train to Milan.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Milano Centrale Railway Station, Piazza Duca d'Aosta, 1, 20124 Milano MI, Italy
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.