Lakes of Monticchio private tour: breathtaking view of the volcano Vulture
The naturalistic tour visit to the lakes of Monticchio will start from the small lake with the visit of the abbey of St. Michael Archangel and the ruins of the abbey of Sant'Ippolito.
The lakes occupy the crater mouths of the ancient volcano of Vulture 658 meters above sea level. The ring route will take you to visit the shores of the small lake really pleasant and uncontaminated until you reach along a slight climb the abbey of St. Michael the Archangel of the eighth century, built around a cave built by the Basilian monks present with settlements throughout the Southern Italy. Managed today by the Capuchin Fathers, it will be possible to visit the cave with the church with three naves and a small museum with wooden sculptures of the major Italian monuments and some cells of the friars.
The visit continues going down towards the lakes and visiting the ruins of the 11th century abbey of Sant'Ippolito, also built by the Basilian monks.
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed guide
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Laghi Di Monticchio, Monticchio Bagni Italy
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Lago di Monticchio Piccolo, 85020 Atella PZ, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
To be agreed
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.