Lalibela churches & yemrehan kirstos for 2Night& 3Days
lalibela is famous for it's intricately carved rock hewn churches, built by the king lalibela.
The churches are here for at list 900 years,an active christen shrine, spiritual center of the country religious life.
Yemrehane kristos 45km north of lalibela, which is a church built within a natural cave under water ,almost 100years before the churches of lalibela.
On the way yemrehane kristos you Will explore the way of life Ethiopian high land people.
Attending a tradition Ethiopian coffee ceremony since Ethiopia is the origin of coffee.
Attending a church services in one of the churches of lalibela.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Guide service in all places
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Lunch and dinner include in the package
- Accommudation include in the package
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Rock-Hewn Churches of Lalibela, Lalibela 1260 Ethiopia
This tour contains the most famous rock hewn churches " the living wonders of the world " this churches are they have been here for at list 900years
Yemrehan kistos ( cave church) built inside Natural cave under water at 11th century almost 100 years before the churches of Lalibela
In the inside part of this cave church we will visit very old paintings
we will attend a church service in one of the churches of Lalibela just to assure you this churches are active for 900 years
we will attend a traditional Ethiopian coffee ceremony.
Pass By: Lalibela - Rock-Hewn Churches, Lalibela Ethiopia
We will meet at the airport of lalibela, drive 25km( 30 minutes) within spectacular view.
After lunch we lwill drive to sites where we find a concentration of some of Ethiopia most famous Rock hewn churches, mostly referred by many as " the living wonders of the world " this churches are they have been here for at list 900 years , an active christen shrine, spiritual center of the country religious life.
Then we will visit the 1st clusters of churches and this contains :-Bet- Medhalealem , Bet- maryam ,Bet- Meskel , Bet- Denagle , Bet- Mikael & Golgotha
Finally we will visit st George , the one in a shape of cross and most probably the highlight of you visit to Lalibela
Pass By: Lalibela, Lalibela, Amhara Region
Yemrehanna kristos , This 11th century church is a beautifully preserved example of the architectural transition from the Debre Damo monastery of the Aksumite kingdom to the Lalibela of the Zagwe dynasty.
It is widely known for its rich interior paneling, it stands in a natural cave at the foot of a cliff on Mt Abune yosef
It is buit rather than excavated, The stepped facade consists of alternating layers of wood and stone that quite probably provided the blueprint for several Lalibela churches
Departure Point :Lalibela Airport, North Wello, Ethiopia
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 2/25/2020 - 2/26/2020
2/27/2020 - 2/28/2021
Monday - Sunday: 01:30 AM - 05:30 PM Monday: 02:00 AM - 05:30 AM Tuesday: 01:30 AM - 05:30 PM Wednesday: 02:00 AM - 05:30 AM Thursday: 02:00 AM - 05:30 AM Friday: 02:00 AM - 05:30 AM Saturday: 02:30 AM - 05:30 PM Sunday: 02:00 AM - 05:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is formal
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Dress code is formal
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.