Lalibela Churches Day Tour
Discovor the 12th century UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, the ‘new Jerusalem’ and the holiest town in the whole of Ethiopia with our professional tour guide!
The still active rock-hewn churches of the 12th Century attracts so many visitors and it sometimes consider as the 8th wonder of the world which we are really passionate to help our customers discover about the hidden beauties of the country's historical destinations!
The churches are excavated from a sloping mass of red volcanic scoria under laid by dark grey basalt and interconnected by a maze of tunnels and passages with openings to hermit caves and catacombs the rock-hewn churches give the impression of an underground city. But not only have the rock-churches survived until today. Something far older has, too.
With our full day Lalibela churches Tours, you will definitely visit all the churches including Bet Giyorgis (St George), constructed in honour of the patron Saint George.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Rock-Hewn Churches of Lalibela
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rock-Hewn Churches of Lalibela, Lalibela 1260 Ethiopia
LALIBELA CHURCHES DAY TOUR.
An Early Start for the UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE rock hewn churches of Lalibela, the ‘new Jerusalem’ and the holiest town in the whole of Ethiopia is highly recommended since there are 12 churches in town, so it’s much to see and learn about them- be ready at 7:30am.
JOIN US TODAY AND DISCOVER ABOUT THE HIDDEN HISTORICAL, CULTURAL AND LOCAL SIDE OF ETHIOPIA WITH ACCESS TOUR!
Your full day professional tour guide will meet you at the reception of your hotel. After 5 minutes walk from your Hotel to the ticket office, You will arrive at the entrance of the first group of churches.
Then... Untill Lunch time you will visit the first group of churches namely Bet Medhane Alem, Bet Maryam, Bet Meskel, Bet Danaghel, Bet Mikael & Bet Golgotha which are connected through an underground tunnels.
In the afternoon, having Lunch... you will visit the second group of churches including the most famous church of St. George, Bet Gabriel-Rufael, Bet Merkorios, Bet Amanual, and Bet Abba Libanos.
Last and finally, you will visit the most famous and very picturesque of all the churches:
–Bet Giyorgis (St George), constructed in honour of the patron Saint George. (please note all the churches close at 6pm)
After having seen all you have the possibility attending the famous Ethiopian coffee ceremony in a local house. The traditional 3 rounds of ‘Buna’
(Amharic word for coffee) will be served, so it will take a while. We recommend at night the visit of a traditional Tej house testing the Ethiopian Honey wine with a live traditional Northern Ethiopia Music.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We always pick up our customers from their Hotel!Airports
- Lalibela Airport, Lalibela Ethiopia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.