Lamanai Maya Temple and Baboon Encounter from Belize City - PRIVATE
Step back centuries into the past on PRIVATE combination tour. From Belize City, cruise along the New River through the jungle to reach the ancient Mayan temples of Lamanai, and learn about what was the longest continuously occupied site in Mesoamerica. Enjoy a typical Belizean lunch after exploring the secluded ceremonial sites, plazas, and temple, then encounter the region's typical screeching black howler monkeys.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- You will be picked up from your hotel or port at 9am and head to Lamanai Mayan temple with a local guide. After touring the temple, you will be served a delicious lunch.
After lunch you will get a chance to see Belize's Black Howler Monkeys before being taken back to your hotel/port.
The Ancient Mayan Temple of Lamanai is located along the river banks of The New River, Orange Walk District, Belize. Known as the longest continuously occupied site in all of MesoAmerica. Lamanai pronounced Lama'an/ayin means "submerged crocodile." The structures found at Lamanai are some of the oldest in Belize and many believe that this site was of moderate in size dated as early as 1500 BC.
Some of the newer temples were occupied as recent as the 18th century AD. This means that Lamanai was occupied for a little over 3200 years! With an estimated population of about 34,000. Lamanai's trading over the boarders of Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala and Belize. Today only 5% of the 800 buildings within the complex have been excavated and explored. Interesting fact about Lamanai: these temples were built in layers which suggest that successive populations would build upon the temples of their ancestors instead of destroying them. Some of the most famous temples are the Jaguar Temple, The Ball Court, The High Temple (El Castillo) and the Mask Temple.
Departure Point :Belize City hotels and port
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.