Land Rover Safari Katharo Route
Explore the central part of Crete with two different plateaus, mythology and lots of information about Crete and the local life. Visit Kritsa, plateau of Katharo, Eco Village where you can see local crafts being made as they were in olden times, Zeus’s cave, Krassi, which is famous for a 2,000-year-old plane tree and also has a natural spring water source
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick-up transfer
- BBQ Lunch (unlimited wine)
What's excluded :
- Any food, drinks or services not specified above
- 4€ entrance free for Zeus’s cave
- Entry/Admission - Katharo Plataeu
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Katharo Plataeu, Katharo, Kritsa,, Agios Nikolaos, Crete Greece
Our day is the perfect way to explore the central part of Crete with two different plateaus, mythology and lots of information about Crete and the local life. We pass through the award winning village of Kritsa, famous for its Olive Oil to our first stop for an amazing photographic opportunity on a mountain top where we have a panoramic view of both sides of the island, the Cretan Sea and the Libyan Sea. We continue our journey to the plateau of Katharo passing through the biggest forest on the island, where the roads are non-existent and the mountains reach a height of 1.500 meters and there will be a refreshment stop at a local kafenion somewhere in this wilderness! We then continue through the dirt tracks, goat valley and across rivers, this is where the journey really gets exciting. Our next stop gives you the opportunity to take photographs from a helicopter view of the Lassithi Plateau from where we drop down to the plateau for your BBQ lunch, with unlimited wine.
After lunch we take you back in time on a visit to the Eco Village where you can see local crafts being
made as they were in olden times. Our next stop is Zeus’s cave where mythology says that Zeus, the father of all the gods was born, there is a 4€ entrance fee and walking shoes are recommended. Then on to Lassithi plateau where time has virtually stood still.
The local people are mainly farmers. You will also see many donkeys at work. We then make our way to Seli, where once again we have an opportunity to take photos of this unique scenery. As we continue driving, we reach the village of Krassi, which is famous for a 2,000-year-old plane tree and also has a natural spring water source. Heading back we pass through the area of Selinari where you will see vultures, which are now an endangered species. This is a day full of many surprises.
Duration: 8 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel Pick up & drop off from Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Stalida, Sissi
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Face masks are required inside vechicles and in other ares where specified on spot
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.