Landmannalaugar and Hekla Volcano / guided private tour
Available - All year - every day as a private tour.Except in spring when the area is closed, normally from mid May to mid June. Pick up at 08.00 Duration 9-10 hours Volcanos, Hot pools, Stunning nature, Lava fields, Craters, Gjáin - Hiking. Pick up from Selfoss, Hella, junction road 1 and road 30, available.
per adult from
9 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Pick up at 08.00 Duration 9-10 hours Volcanos, Hot pools, Stunning nature, Lava fields, Craters, Gjáin - Hiking. Pick up from Selfoss, Hella, junction road 1 and road 30, available.
After boarding our Super Jeeps in Reykjavik, we cross fertile South Iceland farmlands, opening up to grand views – weather permitting – of Hekla volcano´s snow-covered top (elev. 1491m). Hekla´s next eruption is long overdue and expected at any time – you just might catch the show. Since Iceland´s human settlement in the ninth century, Hekla´s 20-30 eruptions have ranged from pretty little tourist attractions to explosive disasters. No wonder Hekla has long been taken for the entrance to Hell for damned souls. Conditions permitting, we may make it up onto the volcano’s eruptive ridge, ca 900m above sea level, where the air is crisp and the views incomparable. Pushing deeper into Iceland´s eruptive interior, we take in and touch scenery so unreal it is repeatedly used for other-world Hollywood A-films. In Landmannalaugar we can hike, or dip in Iceland´s most famous natural hot pool, or both. When you have been suitably geothermal cooked, it’s Super truck time again heading north through “does-this-really-exist” looking surroundings with stop at Gjáin ( Games of thrones site ) before driving towards Reykjavík
Departure Point :All Hotels and pick up locations in ReykjavikAlso From Selfoss and junction on road 1 and 30.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.