Landrover Safari Explore Shephard's Hut and Cheese Making Process
Learn about the history and the traditions of the Island, meet locals, explore the wildlife of Crete, feel our hospitality and taste the delicious Cretan cheese and cuisine. Afterwards our amazing off-road route continues and on the way up to the shepherd‟s hut “Mitato”, where you will find out all about the lifestyle of a shepherd and cheese making process. There the owner welcomes us with a shot of raki and fresh Graviera Cheese.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotels pick up and drop off.
- Special Equipped Land Rover Defenders
- A visit to an original shepherd’s hut “Mitato”
- Liability Insurance and local Taxes
- Lunch with traditional Cretan food and wine
What's excluded :
- Infants are not allowed
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Rethymnon Old Town, Rethymnon, Crete Greece
Learn about the history and the traditions of the Island, meet locals, explore the wildlife of Crete, feel our hospitality and taste the delicious Cretan cheese and cuisine
. Our Day starts from Rethymnon city heading south east passing through traditional villages of Milopotamos and an area with dense vegetation, fresh aromas and unique views. The amazing field and views continues until we reach the historic Halepa Monastery, that use to be a refuge for Cretan rebels during civil wars and our second stop takes places. The unique view from the monastery is a great spot for pictures combing the highest mountain tops of Crete and a farming valley.
Afterwards our amazing off-road route continues and on the way up to the shepherd‟s hut “Mitato” you will enjoy the magnificent panoramic view… If we are lucky… eagles and wild goats will stop for us to take some photos. The road will lead us up to a traditional Shepherd‟s Hut where you will find out all about the lifestyle of a shepherd and cheese making process. There the owner welcomes us with a shot of raki and fresh Graviera Cheese.
Leaving Shepfherd‟s hut and working up an appetite we arrive at a traditional Cretan tavern in Axos village, where we introduce you to Cretan cuisine with plenty of food, wine and warm Cretan hospitality. On our way back we will follow an asphalt road that will lead us to the city of Rethymnon.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick up from Adele, Rethymnon, Sfakaki, Atsipopoulo, Bali, Georgioupolis, Missiria, Panormo, Platanias Rethymno
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Face masks are required inside vechicles and in other ares where specified on spot
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.