Lares Trek to Machu Picchu (5 Days)
5 Day Lares trek via Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu - Feel the pulse of snow-clad mountains, isolated Andean Quechua villages, Lares hot springs, Inca Trail Peru, and reach Machu Picchu through the Gate of the Sun, on this five day expedition through one of Peru's most timeless and wilderness regions.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 4x Breakfast
- 4x Dinner
- 4x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 4 nights
- 2 nights hotel Ollantaytambo and Aguas Calientes town
- Lares trek, Short Inca Trail and Machu Picchu fees
- Tent and foam mattress
- Duffel bag to carry 8 kilos of your personal belongings.
- Bus ticket round trip (Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu) on day 5
- Entry/Admission - Cuncani
- Entry/Admission - Winay Wayna
- Entry/Admission - Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu
What's excluded :
- Tips for your Lares trek team
- Huayna Picchu & Machu Picchu mountain ticket (Let us know to book in advance).
- Slleping bag and walking sticks (Can be rented from us).
- Entry/Admission - Lares Hot Springs
Day 1: Cusco - Pumahuanca (Sacred Valle) - Phuyoc
Stop At: Sacred Valley, Sacred Valley, Cusco Region
We leave early in the morning to Sacred Valley of the Incas (Pumahuanca), where you start hiking all the way up the valley to get the first lunch place, covering approx 14 km in total, along the way there is a small Inca site to explore, native plants, spectacular rocky sharpy mountains and a small crystalline stream along the hike you get amazing views; them you get to the base campsite Puyoc.
Duration: 1 hour
Accommodation included: You camp in the base campsite - Phuyoc (The coldest spot).
Day 2: Phuyoc - Yanacocha (Black lake) - Cunkani Village
Stop At: Cuncani, Calca Province, 08125, Peru
After breakfast, we start ascending for three hours to reach the highest point of the expedition Siclla Qasa pass at 4850m - 15,682 ft. After the summit you start going down to the lunch spot Yanacocha lake. Today you see beautiful sceneries, landscapes, andean lakes, potato fields and local people dressed in their traditional bright red clothing. The campsite is going to be close to a small Quechua village Cuncani.
Duration: 2 hours
Accommodation included: Campsite close to Andean village
Day 3: Cunkani Village - Lares Hot Springs - Ollantaytambo
Stop At: Lares Hot Springs, Camino Por Los Aguas Termales, Lares Peru
After breakfast, you only hike in the morning focusing to meet local Quechua people, see typical andean huts and Llamas on the way to the hot springs that takes you in 2 hours. After enjoying the hot springs comes the lunch, therefore since the hot springs the trip is easier because you take bus to Ollantaytambo to spend the night in a hotel; before to enter the 2 day Inca Trail.
Duration: 2 hours
Accommodation included: The third night is an hotel in Ollantaytambo town.
Day 4: Ollantaytambo - KM104 - Machu Picchu Pueblo
Stop At: Winay Wayna, Machu Picchu Peru
Catch the train from Ollantaytambo to Km 104 of the railroad and visit the ruins of Chachabamba on arrival. Then, start your 14 kilometer hike of the Inca road and get impressive views of Wiñay Wayna and the terraced farms of the Andes. Marvel at the ruins of Choquesuysuy across the Sacred Valley and pass the highland jungle cliffs to arrive at the ceremonial gate of Inti Punku. Get your first glimpse of the sacred citadel of Machu Picchu before traveling by bus to Aguas Calientes for your overnight stay.
Duration: 1 hour
Accommodation included: Hotel in Machu Picchu Pueblo.
Day 5: Machu Picchu Pueblo - Machu Picchu Citadel - Cusco
Stop At: Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Peru
Rise early to board a bus to Machu Picchu, and take a 2 hour guided tour of the citadel on arrival. Then, get some free time to explore on your own. Use the time to climb Huayna Picchu or the Machu Picchu mountains if booked in advance. Return to Aguas Calientes town where you can relax in the hot springs. Take the train back to Ollantaytambo and then return to Cusco by private car
Duration: 3 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pick is from your hotel
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.