Las Coloradas and Ria Lizards from Tizimin
Contemplating nature and its colors is a life experience. This tour will take you through one of the national reserves, to get to know closely the habitat of many species.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Parque Natural Ria Lagartos
- Entry/Admission - Las Coloradas
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Natural Ria Lagartos, Rio Lagartos 97720 Mexico
The best time for tours is early in the morning or around sunset. A private tour on a boat.
About 43,000 flamingos have been registered in the Yucatan Peninsula. Flamingo flocks can be seen in Río Lagartos all year. They are known as Caribbean flamingos, but their scientific name is Flamingos-phoenicopertus ruber. In the spring (end of April), they gather for thousands to mate and nest in the Ria Lagartos Biosphere Reserve. After the nesting season, they disperse along the coast in search of food. Flocks do not migrate, they are residents of the Yucatecan coast and move along the coast. The Reserve is one of its main feeding areas.
Most of them nest and reproduce in the Ría Lagartos Biosphere Reserve.
During the tour, your guides will point you out and help you identify some of the many bird species that live and visit the area.
Great blue heron, tiger heron, white egret levels, anhingas, pink spatulas, frigates, white ibis, common black eagle, ospreys, storks, kingfishers, etc. A total of 395 species of birds live together and visit the Reserve. Crocodiles are seen on each boat tour.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Las Coloradas, Rio Lagartos Mexico
Located in a small town in the municipality of Río Lagartos dedicated to fishing and the salt industry. That is why here you will find one of the most important salt flats in the area. The peculiar pink color of the water on this site is not a hoax, it has an easy reason to understand. Due to the high level of salinity in the water, these ponds allow the proliferation of microorganisms called halobacteria. On the other hand, the presence of certain algae produces large amounts of reddish substances that paint the water.
The pink color of the water varies in intensity depending on the sunlight. That is why it is worth visiting Las Coloradas on a clear day. In this way you can witness the vivid intensity of the pink tones. It is for this reason that the site is widely visited by tourists looking to take pictures in this amazing place. In addition to the pink water, the place is located between green mangroves, white sand and the turquoise blue of the Caribbean Sea. This makes it the ideal landscape for a postcard.
Believe it or not, this phenomenon of red waters has come to be witnessed in other parts of the world. Australia, Canada, Bolivia, Senegal and Spain are some of the destinations with salt flats that enjoy a landscape like this. At first glance these places make you feel in the presence of a surreal site. Its atmosphere of tranquility is only part of the amazing experience.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Calle 51 1636, Centro, 97700 Tizimín, Yuc., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from the door of your Hotel, Airbnb, B&B, guest home, etc. Please provide us with the location name, and address.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/21/2019 - 10/21/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Non-responsive letter
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.