Las Coloradas Tour From Cancun
If you love nature and are interested in viewing unique Mexican wildlife, this tour is for you, On this tour we will visit the Rio Lagarto Nature Reserve located on the Yucatan Peninsula, this place is characterized by its beautiful landscapes, flora and fauna such as the famous flamingos that come to this place to feed and nest, generating a unique spectacle painting the sky pink with their flight. Also you can see other endemic birds of the region such as herons, eagles, ospreys.
We’ll also stop by Las Coloradas, an area of the lagoon where salt has been extracted from the seawater for decades. This area is home to the second largest salt factory in the country. You’ll definitely want to have your camera ready since this area is known for its breathtakingly beautiful pink lagoon water. After exploring the Rio Lagartos, you’ll probably be hungry. Your guide will take you to a local restaurant where you can enjoy a delicius lunch.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Visit to Las Coloradas
- Hotel pick up & Drop-off
- Visit to the reserve Rio Lagartos
- Includes box lunch (sandwich,juice,apple)
- Bilingual guide
- Entry/Admission - Las Coloradas
What's excluded :
- Beverages in the restaurant
- Tax reservation Rio lagartos ($9 USD)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Las Coloradas, Rio Lagartos Mexico
Las Coloradas in the Yucatan Peninsula, is a unique place in the world, famous for its pink lake, this is due to the peculiar pigment produced by halobacteria, a type of microorganism found in water saturated with salt. on this tour you will be able to appreciate one of the wonders of nature, learn about this place, discover new landscapes, observe flamingos in their natural habitat.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Rio Lagartos, Rio Lagartos, Yucatan Peninsula
Located in the eastern end of the Yucatan peninsula, Mexico, the Ría Lagartos Biosphere Reserve encompasses fundamental wetlands, recognized by the Ramsar Convention. It features a variety of mangroves, small estuaries, coastal lagoons, marshes and savannah that are home to a variety of species, and serve as nesting sites for some of them.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Meeting pointsWe offer pick up from any hotel in the Cancun Hotel Zone, but we also offer meeting points for travelers staying in other areas, for travelers staying in AirB&B, hostels or downtown Hotels the meeting point @ Oasis Smart, Tulum Av.Playa del Carmen (meeting point @ Coco Bongo and Plaza las Perlas)Tulum, (meeting point @ Super Akî)The pickup time is set according to the distance to your hotel or meeting point, The exact time is sent to you on the booking confirmation.
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Bring your swimsuit, towels and extra clothes
- Use biodegradable sunscreen and insect repellent
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.