Last Entry Versailles Small Group After the Crowds with Garden Show
Due to Covid19, until the end of 2020, this tour will be amended to ensure your safety: Group size and tour duration may be reduced. This will be amended as Covid restrictions relax in accordance with local regulations.
Enjoy a peaceful visit to Versailles with the final entrance of the day and see one of Europe’s greatest palaces without most of the crowds. Also, stroll through the palace gardens and learn about their fascinating history with an expert local guide.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Full Versailles tour including palace and gardens (with fountain or music gardens show on certain days)
- Transportation between Central Paris & Versailles if the tour starts from Paris
- Expert Guide
- Expert English-speaking guide
- Small Groups of 6 people
- Entry/Admission - Le Jardin de Versailles
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Versailles
What's excluded :
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Le Jardin de Versailles, Place D'armes A l'Ouest du Château de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
Step inside one of Europe’s most opulent building on this fully-guided tour of the Palace of Versailles. From the immense fountains that punctuate Louis XIV’s gardens to the splendor of the King’s and Queen’s Apartments and the incomparable Hall of Mirrors, this tour immerses you in the sights, stories, gossip, and legends of France’s lost age of splendor.
Your day starts in central Paris, where you’ll meet your expert guide and small group of no more than 19 fellow travelers. From there you’ll make it to the outskirts of Paris, where Louis XIII first built a hunting lodge that was later extended by his son into the royal palace you see today.
In order to retain some of the bucolic feel of his father’s lodge, the Sun King set aside nearly 2,000 acres for gardens and even sketched out a strict plan for how they should be visited. Your tour will begin these gardens, but don’t worry, you don’t have to follow Louis’ plan. Instead, you’ll learn how these came to be considered the epitome of the French style of gardens that you can still see all over the world. You’ll also get the story of how Louis snatched his garden designer off another project essentially out of jealousy.
As you go, your guide will point out details like the various symbols of the Greek sun god, Apollo, which Louis used all over the grounds as a reference to, well, himself. The highlights of the gardens are the immense fountains, which are packed with beautiful statuary and run on a system of gravity-driven hydraulics that has not changed since they were first installed. If you are visiting during the week you’ll only see the architecture of the fountains but if you go on the weekend you’ll witness their full grandeur when they are turned on and water spouts from them just as it did over 300 years ago.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000, Versailles France
After the gardens, you’ll enjoy skip the line entrance into the palace itself. It’s the final entrance of the day so Versailles will be as peaceful as you can get it without renting it for a private function (which you can do, actually, but as your guide will tell you, it’s pretty expensive).
This enormous palace wasn’t just a home for the King. In its heyday, it was a literal gilded cage for thousands of nobles whom Louis kept here for much of the year to make sure they weren’t plotting against him. As you go from one unimaginably decadent room to the next, your guide will bring the palace to life with stories of courtly intrigue and royal plots, while also giving you insight into the everyday lives of the people who lived here (it may not be as glamorous as you expect).
On your small group tour you will visit the most famous and impressive rooms in the palace, from the Royal private apartments, where the last of the Bourbon monarchs lived out their private lives; to the public state apartments, like the War Room and Peace room, which hosted balls, concerts and political functions. The most stunning of them all is the Hall of Mirrors, which is packed with so much art, symbolism and imagery, your guide will make sure to spend extra time there helping you decode it all. This is one of, if not the greatest and most ostentatious throne room ever created and it’s packed with diplomatic history. Be sure to ask lots of questions and soak it all up.
Since you entered the chateau from the back, you’ll leave from the front, making your last view of Versailles also the most impressive.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: The Hall of Mirrors, Chateau de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
The Hall of Mirrors
Departure Point :1: 2 Rue Robert Esnault-Pelterie, 75007 Paris, France
2: Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles, France
Departure Time :1:45 PM
Return Detail :Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to Covid19, until the end of 2020, this tour will be amended to ensure your safety: - Group size and tour duration may be reduced. This will be amended as Covid restrictions relax in accordance with local regulations.
- To ensure the safety of visitors, French authorities enforce security measures upon entry to the attractions of the Palace of Versailles. Suitcases, luggage, and larger bags are not allowed inside. Only bags smaller than 55 cm x 35 cm x 20 cm are permitted. Please accept our apologies for any delay or inconvenience caused by extra security checks.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- If option booked with show, depending on the day you are visiting the Versailles and the gardens, you will either enjoy a Fountain Show or a Musical Gardens Show.
- Please note there tow options bookable for our Versailles tour : Option tour starting from Paris & Option tour starting directly from Versailles
- Near public transportation
- As with all museums, some galleries of the Palace of Versailles may be closed without prior notice. In this case, your guide will make an appropriate substitution.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Due to Covid19, until the end of 2020, this tour will be amended to ensure your safety: -Group size and tour duration may be reduced. This will be amended as Covid restrictions relax in accordance with local regulations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.